These are the most-watched TV shows in South Africa

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master
how was this survey conducted?
no one asked me what i watch
there is no feedback to broadcaster on SABC braai grids to show what someone is watching, and neither on DSTV satelite viewers.

kak article Jamie :thumbsdown:

Mampara

What bunch of crap. Third rated shows with third rated actors and actresses

genetic

Honorary Master
how was this survey conducted?
no one asked me what i watch
there is no feedback to broadcaster on SABC braai grids to show what someone is watching, and neither on DSTV satelite viewers.

kak article Jamie :thumbsdown:
It's a survey...

South African broadcasting agencies use a similar system.

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master

South African broadcasting agencies use a similar system.
awesome link, i learnt alot, thanx :thumbsup:
now the heading should be relabelled as to what people are watching on SABC and DSTV only as we peeps on Netflix and other streaming thingies are excluded, kak statistics and not true of what tv shows are been watched :)

Jopie Fourie

Expert Member
I am relatively sure that very, very few people on this forum actually watch SABC or eTV.

wbot

Expert Member
Literally the only thing I watch on sabc is Survivor. I don't ever tune in to sabc for anything else. Used to for Amazing Race as well but it has been on dstv for a few seasons now

genetic

Honorary Master
awesome link, i learnt alot, thanx
now the heading should be relabelled as to what people are watching on SABC and DSTV only as we peeps on Netflix and other streaming thingies are excluded, kak statistics and not true of what tv shows are been watched :)
Eh? Did you read the article? Broadcasters are not going to survey you as their viewing audience if you only watch netflix or youtube. Their survey results are based upon their audience.

If you don't watch, you are not included in the results. It's as simple as that. Nothing wrong with the article heading.

genetic

Honorary Master
Nationalism, Patriotism, I don't know. Some kind of intellectual inbreeding?
Think about it... Try be a bright spark.

10 million+ viewers for the number 1 viewed show in SA. It's local Zulu drama... Do you honestly think an Afrikaans or English show with far few viewers by language would take 1st place?

Sl8er

Executive Member
10,008,574 people...no more than 100 tv licenses between them :D