These are the new ‘harder’ lockdown restrictions Gauteng is looking at

HunterNW

Honorary Master
“Given what we are going through now, and the fact that things will get worse in July, we cannot just throw our hands in the air and say that there is nothing that we can do.”

No... you decide on stupid schit to ban.​

Lupus

Honorary Master
“Given what we are going through now, and the fact that things will get worse in July, we cannot just throw our hands in the air and say that there is nothing that we can do.”

No... you decide on stupid schit to ban.
Well locking people down doesn't achieve anything soooooo. Perhaps go to the regions where the lockdown wasn't followed, we know where they are.

VooDooC

Expert Member
Ok so let's introduce stricter policies again, which will cause people to go out in their masses to panic buy everything that's not bolted down, spreading the disease even more... Solid logic there

Lupus

Honorary Master
Actually that didn't really say much? What are the harder rules? We already can only buy alcohol during certain times, kids are or aren't going back to school? Kids aren't your problem, the stupidity of the government is. Also out of all these hospital beds being used, how many are actually sick enough to be stuck in them and not isolate at home?

ToxicBunny

Honorary Master
Yes because stopping the sale of alcohol is definitely going to make a significant difference... twats

School maybe, Church gatherings and stuff, yes... but my guess would be they will find some random crap to do but it won't be the right things.

eg2505

Honorary Master
seriously the backward laws are becoming more like a insane version of Simon says.

what next?
maybe everyday the president will go on TV/Radio and decide what idiotic laws we must follow?

at what stage do people simply decide they have had enough?

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
With the scarcity and price of cigarettes you'll find they are being shared more than ever as so the anc has taken the policy that black market money over life is the stance.

Also you must meet with scrupulous unknown people to source your smokes and be out and about even more.

A harder lockdown, based on this idiots comments is obviously already in their plans and probably on the cards.

Rant ova............

Neuk_

Expert Member
at what stage do people simply decide they have had enough?
I think many are at this stage from a financial point of view, savings have long run out, banks won't give more payment holidays, UIF is a mess and there simply is no other solution than to work, legally or not.

Flanders

Honorary Master
Lock up one segment of society and let the rest carry on as normal like you did from the start?

Fsck, I should have bought next season's pair of flip-flops while I had the chance.

eg2505

Honorary Master
I think many are at this stage from a financial point of view, savings have long run out, banks won't give more payment holidays, UIF is a mess and there simply is no other solution than to work, legally or not.
now the second part of my question,
when do people actually realize all the covid laws are meaningless and people should just do what they normally do.
regardless of instructions.

Im trying to figure out the Etolls moment, when people say F*** this and carry on regardless?

Neuk_

Expert Member
now the second part of my question,
when do people actually realize all the covid laws are meaningless and people should just do what they normally do.
regardless of instructions.

Im trying to figure out the Etolls moment, when people say F*** this and carry on regardless?
I am hoping that the moment is sooner rather than later, I have said from the beginning that simply having a lock down will never be a solution, the world needs to find a way to carry on but manage the risk.

Lupus

Honorary Master
I am hoping that the moment is sooner rather than later, I have said from the beginning that simply having a lock down will never be a solution, the world needs to find a way to carry on but manage the risk.
You mean like how people used to deal with it back in the day? Quarantine the sick, make sure the old are safe and keep the healthy out there working?
Not this reverse action that took place, lets lockdown everyone.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
the world needs to find a way to carry on but manage the risk.
Like wearing masks and hand washing and social distancing? The solution is there.

What muppets in government need to focus on is educating us on what to do. That said, they can't get condom wearing ubiquitous even with a literal death sentence behind them, so I reckon the population is faulty.