These are the new ‘harder’ lockdown restrictions Gauteng is looking at

Lupus

Honorary Master
Like wearing masks and hand washing and social distancing? The solution is there.

What muppets in government need to focus on is educating us on what to do. That said, they can't get condom wearing ubiquitous even with a literal death sentence behind them, so I reckon the population is faulty.
Population is indeed faulty, but mainly thanks to the government. Educational standards are so low.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Who decided that Government is responsible to protect us from a virus? Government?

Neuk_

Expert Member
You mean like how people used to deal with it back in the day? Quarantine the sick, make sure the old are safe and keep the healthy out there working?
Not this reverse action that took place, lets lockdown everyone.
Like wearing masks and hand washing and social distancing? The solution is there.

What muppets in government need to focus on is educating us on what to do. That said, they can't get condom wearing ubiquitous even with a literal death sentence behind them, so I reckon the population is faulty.

I don't know what the solution would look like but I am sure that hiding anyone and everyone away while borrowing money and killing the economy is definitely not it.

eg2505

Honorary Master
I am hoping that the moment is sooner rather than later, I have said from the beginning that simply having a lock down will never be a solution, the world needs to find a way to carry on but manage the risk.
I think that will be difficult without much more draconian controls and violations in personal freedom.
like requiring everybody to wear a wristband that tracks their location and Temperature/ Health/ BP/ things like that.

nobody wants that, so people have to be more reasonable,
what's something people will accept?

so far I don't see much that people will accept gladly. to try and contain a admittedly dangerous to certain people virus.

Nemoneiros

Expert Member
Who decided that Government is responsible to protect us from a virus?
All the anc supporters getting a monthly handout salary / grant?

All the others sending books / generating me too feel good resistance?

noxibox

Honorary Master
I think that will be difficult without much more draconian controls and violations in personal freedom.
like requiring everybody to wear a wristband that tracks their location and Temperature/ Health/ BP/ things like that.
If it is true that people with minimal or no symptoms are a key source of spread then such tracking and monitoring would be pointless anyway.

Mystic Twilight

Expert Member
With those increasing numbers, at this stage herd immunity is going to be forced given the close proximity that a large majority of people live and interact, townships, minibus taxis, general disregard of social distancing, etc.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
With those increasing numbers, at this stage herd immunity is going to be forced given the close proximity that a large majority of people live and interact, townships, minibus taxis, general disregard of social distancing, etc.
It's already happening but try selling that to the hysterics and, off course, our esteemed politicians.

Lupus

Honorary Master
It's already happening but try selling that to the hysterics and, off course, our esteemed politicians.
The biggest issue is how they count the deaths, also they keep saying the beds are running out in hospitals? How many of those people actually need to be in hospital? looking at that one pic of the hospital in Cape Town they looked like they were chilling.

eg2505

Honorary Master
It's time for civil disobedience.
that's what I'm thinking is going to happen next,
people on-mass taking off their ninja masks.
getting in taxis and doing whatever they want to do.

I think the fear that the media and governments are peddling
that is what is paralyzing businesses.and killing peoples jobs.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
that's what I'm thinking is going to happen next,
people on-mass taking off their ninja masks.
getting in taxis and doing whatever they want to do.
Do you live in a bubble?

What you describe is happening even at that shopping centre across the road from your house.

eg2505

Honorary Master
Do you live in a bubble?

What you describe is happening even at that shopping centre across the road from your house.
I wish it was so,

took off my mask outside the other day, people told me to put it on,
stood to close to a Karen the other day, told me to respect social distancing nonsense.

people insist on spraying that gunk everywhere you go, getting tiresome actually.
going into the office, taking peoples temperature and asking the dumb and pointless questions, do you have a mask?, do you sanitize regularly enough?

waste of people afternoon, honestly.

you have an IMMUNE system for this exact reason, cant mollycoddle you for every little sniffle and cough.