These are the times when you can buy alcohol under level 3 lockdown

Kosmik

Honorary Master
I'm not following what the issue with deliveries is? It's not like deliveries really get done outside these hours anyway. 9 - 17:00 is normal for courier services so what's the problem?
DELIVERIES, not purchases.
Eish.
Does someone have the actual gazette? With deliveries, the no delivery on Friday and Saturdays is a problem for exactly what I stated: backing up of the logistics chain and storage of alcohol on premises with a long duration. To help explain, logistics warehouses DON'T keep stock, they are a temporary holding facility between when a shipment comes in to when it goes out, normally measured in hours, not days. If they have to keep alcohol shipments, that raises security risks etc plus delays the delivery chains.

Last edited:

JurgensBeMe

I'm not following what the issue with deliveries is? It's not like deliveries really get done outside these hours anyway. 9 - 17:00 is normal for courier services so what's the problem?

i think the courier companies can be coerced into making deliveries 7 days a week, seeing as they are poised to make a killing, but now these petty cuants, have to enforce these totally unnecessary trade bans.

garp

Executive Member
Where do you see the word sales?
It says deliveries.
I feel like I'm being gaslighted. Did they edit the article? Pretty sure the wording in the version I read didn't specify deliveries??

smc

If it is deliveries, I would assume that the thinking is to prevent someone getting completely %&^faced on Saturday night, then ordering another few bottles from the local shebeen for immediate delivery. But that is pretty stupid. And again, the government completely doesn't understand how a supply chain works.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
I feel like I'm being gaslighted. Did they edit the article? Pretty sure the wording in the version I read didn't specify deliveries??
I also saw sales and I'm sure that's what she said as well in the original speech.....ninja edit me thinks. :D

saor

Honorary Master
Ja - not sure how they expect courier companies to know what's alcohol or not.

chrisc

Executive Member
If you live in the Western Cape and order before Monday, Villiera is offering 20% discount and free deliveries for orders of 12 bottles

Join for free

Their Sauvingnon Blanc got 4.5 stars in Platter

JurgensBeMe

If it is deliveries, I would assume that the thinking is to prevent someone getting completely %&^faced on Saturday night, then ordering another few bottles from the local shebeen for immediate delivery. But that is pretty stupid. And again, the government completely doesn't understand how a supply chain works.
I'm sorry but what business is it of this government how much **** my face saw in a weekend?

Are we living in a free country, I already have a mother, I don't need any communist to be my second mother.

Kosmik

Honorary Master
We're not mad @garp , it was sales. As per the speech:

The sale of liquor in licensed premises will now be permitted as of the 1st of June 2020, for the limited period between Mondays and Thursdays from 09h00 and 17h00. However, onsite consumption is prohibited, and e commerce sales will be permitted subject to the same onsite trade days and times. The Minister of Trade, Industry and Competitions will elaborate in this regard, suffice to say no special or events liquor licenses will be issued for the duration of the state of national disaster.

Transcript here -> https://www.gov.za/speeches/ministe...-covid-19-level-3-lockdown-regulations-28-may

Kosmik

Honorary Master
Yep, its about SALE not delivery. Delivery is mentioned as the store type ie: premises or webstore.

1590673186042.png

JurgensBeMe

Gatherings of people are still prohibited, however – meaning no leisure travel, no attending sport events, and no going out to sit at restaurants, cinemas, theatres, or even vising friends and family for social engagements.

Can my brother and i, get together for some anti-social engagements? like if my bro and me get together to slaughter a cat for satanic purposes, would that be legal?

Lupus

Honorary Master
Can my brother and i, get together for some anti-social engagements? like if my bro and me get together to slaughter a cat for satanic purposes, would that be legal?
Satanism is a religion, though it doesn't condone sacrifices.

Pineapple Smurf

Pineapple Beer Connoisseur
That will impair my ability to walk home. You know I always walk to Tops!
Monday is your offday
your wife has offered to Uber you there on Monday morning and back
on 1 condition, you stay the **** in the garage the entire day with your case of beer and dont come into the house !!!

The_Ogre

Honorary Master
Monday is your offday
your wife has offered to Uber you there on Monday morning and back
on 1 condition, you stay the **** in the garage the entire day with your case of beer and dont come into the house !!!
:ROFL:

Hey, just checked FB and my local Tops says they will only be getting beer on Thursday due to that stupid regulation we spoke about that SAB is not allowed to deliver until from Monday :crying:

ponder

Honorary Master
These regulations are still retarded and serve no purpose.