They’re Lying about Louis C.K

Ninja'd

A Djinn
I haven't watched enough Louis CK standup to form an opinion on his humor. I watched his first sitcom which was awful.

Urist

Expert Member
I haven't watched enough Louis CK standup to form an opinion on his humor. I watched his first sitcom which was awful.
I don`t think it was really meant to be a sitcom, more like an anti-sitcom. I loved it.

Craig

Honorary Master
I wish there was some way to subject men to the same effect that the male gaze can have. However I don't know how to put a man in a similar situation where you feel vulnerable, where being undressed by a person's eyes is demeaning, a little frightening, and a lot uncomfortable. I wish I knew how to convey to every single man who thinks that 'just looking' is harmless that women are different to men. We feel things differently, we experience things differently and we are vulnerable to what you do in ways you clearly can't even begin to imagine.

This is the fundamental problem. Men just don't understand how vulnerable women are. And yes blah blah strong women, wait for the obligatory female to chime in about claiming your power and standing up for yourself and how they aren't afraid - BULLSH--T!!! Overcoming it, ignoring it, pretending it isn't there, acting like it isn't there doesn't invalidate the reality that women are more vulnerable than men.

Men also respond to vulnerability differently. On the whole a frightened man gets aggressive. Lots of posturing and assertive behaviour, loud voice, etc. to get the other person back down. Women seldom respond this way, and if you do (refer standing up for yourself) you are met with male aggression which just serves to remind you that you are vulnerable.

I dunno, would a giant hairy gay tattooed trucker dude eyeballing a man with overt sexual intent convey sufficient physical threat combined with sexual intent create enough of a vulnerability for a man to understand how it feels? Probably not, because as I said, men just don't feel vulnerable in the same way, nor do they respond it in the same way.

Let's try this - what makes you want to fight, makes us afraid. And that fear turns your comments, your leering, your sexually loaded looks, your unwanted advances etc. into a whole other level of intimidating. And it makes us feel horrible about ourselves, our self-image, our self-worth. It makes us suicidal, depressed, sick, angry, abused. Irrespective of how you feel about it, accept that this is how we feel and how we react. We aren't you after all.
There was this younger girl, two years behind me when studying. She was a bloody predator, the words lose morals had nothing on her. She would look at you in a way that you would feel dirty. To this day, I still don't like women with bright red lip stick, as that's what she constantly had on.

She came to my room one night with a friend to proposition me, I laughed in her face and closed the door. You decide to be offended by that gaze. Yes it's wrong, but you have the choice to just shrug it off, or to be offended by it.

EADC

Expert Member
There was this younger girl, two years behind me when studying. She was a bloody predator, the words lose morals had nothing on her. She would look at you in a way that you would feel dirty. To this day, I still don't like women with bright red lip stick, as that's what she constantly had on.

She came to my room one night with a friend to proposition me, I laughed in her face and closed the door. You decide to be offended by that gaze. Yes it's wrong, but you have the choice to just shrug it off, or to be offended by it.
What slutty girls are the best they will do all kinds of weird ****, I think you missed out, unless she was a mud duck then that's fair.

Craig

Honorary Master
What slutty girls are the best they will do all kinds of weird ****, I think you missed out, unless she was a mud duck then that's fair.
Her brother was not only a close friend of mine, and she has been (at that time) with almost every single one of our friends. Hell no, Stellenbosch had way to much potential to waste it on that. Plus I had a girlfriend at the time, a girlfriend that was also a friend of hers.

EADC

Expert Member
Her brother was not only a close friend of mine, and she has been (at that time) with almost every single one of our friends. Hell no, Stellenbosch had way to much potential to waste it on that. Plus I had a girlfriend at the time, a girlfriend that was also a friend of hers.
Reminds me of my group of friends, oh well you dodged a bullet.

Craig

Honorary Master
Reminds me of my group of friends, oh well you dodged a bullet.
We had one friend in our group that would hump any girl, his only requirement was for her to have a pulse basically. He was scared of this one.

EADC

Expert Member
We had one friend in our group that would hump any girl, his only requirement was for her to have a pulse basically. He was scared of this one.
Is she still around? :ROFL:

Grant

Honorary Master
I dunno, would a giant hairy gay tattooed trucker dude eyeballing a man with overt sexual intent convey sufficient physical threat combined with sexual intent create enough of a vulnerability for a man to understand how it feels?
@Ockie
care to handle this one ?