They’re Lying about Louis C.K

Nick333

Honorary Master
I see Louis C.K. has made the transition successfully and is now identifying as right-wing reactionary 'comedian'. I wish him all the best, it can't have been easy being publicly shamed for forcing women to watch him masturbate. He's really a victim.
Oh just stop. What has he said that's right-wing? Not everyone who says something you don't like is right-wing.

Nick333

Honorary Master
According to his statement:

But what I learned later in life, too late, is that when you have power over another person, asking them to look at your dick isn’t a question. It’s a predicament for them. The power I had over these women is that they admired me. And I wielded that power irresponsibly.
So, if you if you had a powerful boss who wanted to w@nk off in front of you, you wouldn't be able to say no? No? So what's the difference between you and the women he w@nked off in front of? Are they retarded?

cerebus

Honorary Master
Oh just stop. What has he said that's right-wing? Not everyone who says something you don't like is right-wing.
Oh he's clearly trying to align himself with a right-wing audience now. His last set had jokes about 1) snowflake millennials and the Parkland shooting, 2) gender pronouns and transgenders, 3) the political correctness of the word 'retarded'. He seems to have pivoted quite sharply away from his previous material.

Nick333

Honorary Master
Oh he's clearly trying to align himself with a right-wing audience now. His last set had jokes about 1) snowflake millennials and the Parkland shooting, 2) gender pronouns and transgenders, 3) the political correctness of the word 'retarded'. He seems to have pivoted quite sharply away from his previous material.
None of which are right wing stances per se. Overton window at work. Moving on.

He got bitten by snowflake, millennial, outrage it's no mystery why he's reacting against it.

saor

Honorary Master
Oh he's clearly trying to align himself with a right-wing audience now.
Maybe it's damn difficult getting back on stage after being so publicly exposed that his head is still in a very different place? I'd be surprised if anyone just got up and went back to their regular schtick after all that.

Brenden_E

Expert Member
I see Louis C.K. has made the transition successfully and is now identifying as right-wing reactionary 'comedian'. I wish him all the best, it can't have been easy being publicly shamed for forcing women to watch him masturbate. He's really a victim.
He must be a Jedi, using invisible force.

Nick333

Honorary Master
Maybe it's damn difficult getting back on stage after being so publicly exposed that his head is still in a very different place? I'd be surprised if anyone just got up and went back to their regular schtick after all that.
What happened is he saw his career about to hit a brick wall, because of consensual sex acts, and he made the mistake of apologising and admitting guilt. He then realised that he was the victim of a witch hunt and apologising and admitting guilt means fcck all to witch hunters, because what they really want to see is someone burnt at the stake. That's more than enough to red pill anyone with at least half a brain and a little bit of a spine. Honestly good for him. Say what you like, and fcck the outrage l, because otherwise you're just a puppet to the outrage machine.

cerebus

Honorary Master
None of which are right wing stances per se. Overton window at work. Moving on.

He got bitten by snowflake, millennial, outrage it's no mystery why he's reacting against it.
It's perfectly obvious to anyone what he's doing now. Any bets on where his career goes from here? There's a lucrative market serving the right-wing outrage merchants, and you don't even need to work hard to be funny or original. It can't be hard to take over Dennis Miller's job.

Old Louis was quite gifted:

New Louis seems content to aim for the lowest denominator of gender pronouns and disabled kids. Best of luck to him.

https://slate.com/culture/2019/01/louis-ck-stand-up-trans-people-asian-men.html

But C.K. took an easier route: He modified his comedy and his intended audience rather than his behavior. There is a welcoming, lucrative market out there for writers and entertainers willing to trash feminists, left-leaning activists, trans people, and alleged survivors of sexual assault. It’s a community that allows anyone to regard himself as a brave warrior for decency so long as he insults the widely insulted. All it takes for a publicly scorned man to join is a willingness to abandon the principles he probably didn’t hold too dearly in the first place.

Nick333

Honorary Master
It's perfectly obvious to anyone what he's doing now. Any bets on where his career goes from here? There's a lucrative market serving the right-wing outrage merchants, and you don't even need to work hard to be funny or original. It can't be hard to take over Dennis Miller's job.

Old Louis was quite gifted:

New Louis seems content to aim for the lowest denominator of gender pronouns and disabled kids. Best of luck to him.

https://slate.com/culture/2019/01/louis-ck-stand-up-trans-people-asian-men.html
Lol, at the "here's an opinion exactly like mine that was published on a mainstream site" evidence.

Everyone and everything right of the looney left is not right wing, sorry, not sorry.

Brenden_E

Expert Member
What happened is he saw his career about to hit a brick wall, because of consensual sex acts, and he made the mistake of apologising and admitting guilt. He then realised that he was the victim of a witch hunt and apologising and admitting guilt means fcck all to witch hunters, because what they really want to see is someone burnt at the stake. That's more than enough to red pill anyone with at least half a brain and a little bit of a spine. Honestly good for him. Say what you like, and fcck the outrage l, because otherwise you're just a puppet to the outrage machine.
This outrage culture is reprehensible. Enrages me, to be honest.

Nick333

Honorary Master
This outrage culture is reprehensible. Enrages me, to be honest.
Oh, and then they'll have the bald face audacity to turn around and claim that the "right" is guilty of outrage culture. The left wants to shut people down for saying things they don't like, yet when you complain about being told to shut up and you get called right wing and accused of being a snowflake. It's fccking ridiculous.

Nick333

Honorary Master
@cerebus I can't help but notice that you're avoiding explaining why women are less capable of exercising agency than you are.

Cray

Honorary Master
So, if you if you had a powerful boss who wanted to w@nk off in front of you, you wouldn't be able to say no? No? So what's the difference between you and the women he w@nked off in front of? Are they retarded?
Do you think that sexual harassment in the work place should be policed/punished? Why is an influential comedian doing it any better than a boss doing it to his PA?

cerebus

Honorary Master
Lol, at the "here's an opinion exactly like mine that was published on a mainstream site" evidence.

Everyone and everything right of the looney left is not right wing, sorry, not sorry.
If a comedian writes material that specifically appeals to a right-wing audience, then yeah they're right wing. As I said let's see where he goes with this, but if his new act is anything to go by he's obviously pivoted and I'm not even sure why you go to the effort of denying it. It's not like there's a whole gang of gifted right wing comedians out there. I remember when you tried to claim that George Carlin would have been an alt-righter if he was alive today.

cerebus

Honorary Master
@cerebus I can't help but notice that you're avoiding explaining why women are less capable of exercising agency than you are.
Maybe because I haven't responded to or read each and every post on this thread, bloody hell. What are you on about now?

Nick333

Honorary Master
Do you think that sexual harassment in the work place should be policed/punished? Why is an influential comedian doing it any better than a boss doing it to his PA?
What sexual harassment are you talking about here? The women consented.

Nick333

Honorary Master
Maybe because I haven't responded to or read each and every post on this thread, bloody hell. What are you on about now?
So how about responding now instead of having a hissy? Or do you need to find an appropriate opinion piece that suits your narrative?

Cray

Honorary Master
What sexual harassment are you talking about here? The women consented.
Just like a woman being harassed by her boss consents for fear of the consequences of refusing? If they consented why did 5 separate woman make complaints about his conduct, are they all part of this witch hunt?

Gingerbeardman

Expert Member
Just like a woman being harassed by her boss consents for fear of the consequences of refusing? If they consented why did 5 separate woman make complaints about his conduct, are they all part of this witch hunt?
The witch hunt has a name #metoo.