They Are Billions - Review

Jamie McKane

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
They Are Billions - Review

They Are Billions is a cross between Age of Empires, Call of Duty's Zombie levels, and an apocalyptic steampunk novel.

You are tasked with building towns in a land under siege from undead hordes, making farming for food and producing electricity as important as building guard towers and training soldiers.

mr_norris

Expert Member
This was a nice read, very different from the usual mybb / business tech articles. I think including a bit of a review of the campaign would have been the cherry on top.

jeevadotnet

This game and frostpunk makes me feel like i just had a super hard day at work and need to go exercise or get out of the house. All worked up. I never had any freezes like you're talking about and I'm way past 100h.

Enjoyable game but can be extremely frustrating and a waste of time. Build your base nicely for two hours and then some random walker get past patrols, hit a house and kills your base. (once a house is infected it explodes with 4-8 fast mover zombies and then there is no way to stop the infection)

cguy

Expert Member
I really enjoyed the game. I do agree that the fragility of one’s base can lead to a fair bit of frustration (immediate wipeout after hours of playing).

Also, there is a pretty high dependency on the resource and water/land/grass/forest/dead-village landscape layout that gets randomly generated each level, since this can make finding certain resources nearly impossible, and a lack of choke points or water can create indefensible positions.