They Have Renamed CHAZ To CHOP, As In French Revolution Chop

buka001

Honorary Master
Probably one of the dumbest ideas ever conceived,how anyone would support this idiocy and how it hasn't been dealt with is beyond me.
Agreed.

What I think though is that given the current climate about police brutality, the police have chosen the de-confliction route and have decided to wait it out.

Give it a week or so, wait for the rich kids to get bored and go home and once it reaches smaller levels they can manage it with less "force".

Currently if they go in and the perception that they use excessive force (even if it is perfectly justified) will make these kids to be seen as martyrs and makes their intent to actually seem legitimate.

Wait it out, the kids will get bored and go home.

SoldierMan

Executive Member
And yet Democratic Presidents have not done so.

Back in 2009 all the gun activists were clutching their collective pearls as they believed Obama was coming for their guns ...

Oh but you are wrong, Clinton banned semi-autos for quite a while.

Obama wanted to but he was blocked by Republicans.

History, learn it.

buka001

Honorary Master
Hey @buka001 you still hold to your view that everything is peaceful and diversity is allowed.

Black police lady says there are rapes, robberies and violent acts but they can't respond.

Gun shots every night. Screams of terror.

No American flags allowed.

Reposting this, I suggest you watch it to the end.

Paul Joseph Watson and Andy Ngo? I will wait for a less biased source comes up.

Plenty of comments in the Reddit thread of people who live there complaining about noise.

buka001

Honorary Master

History, learn it.
So democracy works? So despite your fear mongering about Democratic presidents, your own post proves that despite their presidencies, an outright ban of guns did not take place.

SoldierMan

Executive Member
Paul Joseph Watson and Andy Ngo? I will wait for a less biased source comes up.

Plenty of comments in the Reddit thread of people who live there complaining about noise.

You don't like videos, I guess only a CNN video will do for you :D

You don't like the black police lady saying there are rapes, robberies and violent crime they can't respond to? Yeah why sweat the small stuff......

Emjay

Honorary Master
So democracy works? So despite your fear mongering about Democratic presidents, your own post proves that despite their presidencies, an outright ban of guns did not take place.

So now democracy works?

:ROFL:

I am going to bookmark this.

SoldierMan

Executive Member

Oh come on :rolleyes: Talk about lying about what I said. Are you this disingenuous in all your debates with people?

Firstly Clinton DID BAN SEMI-AUTOS, so I don't know why you choose to lie about that.

And secondly I said IF they had the choice they would ban them, if they had the votes they would ban semi-autos and all guns. Pretty well ALL Democrat presidential candidates have said they want to ban semi-autos. Google it.

So yes they would if they could, luckily the Republicans have stopped them since the Clinton bill expired in 2004.

buka001

Honorary Master
Oh come on :rolleyes: Talk about lying about what I said. Are you this disingenuous in all your debates with people?

Firstly Clinton DID BAN SEMI-AUTOS, so I don't know why you choose to lie about that.

And secondly I said IF they had the choice they would ban them, if they had the votes they would ban semi-autos and all guns. Pretty well ALL Democrat presidential candidates have said they want to ban semi-autos. Google it.

So yes they would if they could, luckily the Republicans have stopped them since the Clinton Bill expired in 2004.
His ban was temporary and did not apply to all semi-automatic weapons. It was a cosmetic bandaid to a wider problem.

When it reached its 10 year limit, it ended.

buka001

Honorary Master
So now democracy works?

:ROFL:

I am going to bookmark this.
He is arguing the point that due to the structure of the US political system, presidents cannot enact legislature will nilly, so in the context of what he is saying, he argues that democracy works.

truman19

History, learn it.

So certain guns were banned and people were still not subjected to tyranny..... :unsure:Strange....I guess one could even say the fear of tyranny with regards to gun control is a little irrational?

buka001

Honorary Master
Here is Obama's record on gun laws.

In his first term the laws he signed expanded on the rights of gunowners.

There were many false claims about Obama's views on guns though

SoldierMan

Executive Member
His ban was temporary and did not apply to all semi-automatic weapons. It was a cosmetic bandaid to a wider problem.

When it reached its 10 year limit, it ended.

Yes, and the Dems wanted it EXTENDED. The Reps denied them that.

SoldierMan

Executive Member
So certain guns were banned and people were still not subjected to tyranny..... :unsure:Strange....I guess one could even say the fear of tyranny with regards to gun control is a little irrational?

So the threat of tyranny is limited to a specific point in time? What if it happens under Trump or a future president. That is why the 2A remains.

Oh, and tell that to Germany, China and Russia and other countries where they did ban private ownership of guns.

Democide remains one of the biggest, if not the biggest, killer of private citizens of countries, if you don't know what that is, that is citizens being killed by their own government.

SoldierMan

Executive Member
Here is Obama's record on gun laws.

In his first term the laws he signed expanded on the rights of gunowners.

There were many false claims about Obama's views on guns though

Google:

On January 16, 2013, Obama announced a plan for reducing gun violence in four parts, one of which was banning assault weapons and high-capacity magazines.

Wiki:

Assault Weapons Ban of 2013

Obama Calls for Assault Weapons Ban, New 'No Fly, No Buy' Law

Last edited:

buka001

Honorary Master
Yes, and the Dems wanted it EXTENDED. The Reps denied them that.
So yet again you are arguing that democracy works and despite any fear mongering to the contrary a president won't be able to take all the guns?

Sollie

Honorary Master
So yet again you are arguing that democracy works and despite any fear mongering to the contrary a president won't be able to take all the guns?
Since we're talking about the Chops, how does democracy play out in Chop?
Some bored rich kids you claim? Treat them with kid gloves. Yet people living there, who have businesses there, had to either lock themselves up or move out if they don't like it. Or simply shut the hell up?

In a time when the meaning of words are being redefined, we've really gone through that Looking Glass.

SoldierMan

Executive Member

wtf :cautious::cautious: They DID ban semis in 1994. THEY WERE BANNED. Got it? THE DEMS WANTED the ban extended. They were stopped. What part of this don't you understand??

If they win big the next election (which I think they will) and take the house and the senate then they will ban semi-autos again, yes, and a whole lot more I suspect. Does that compute or do I need simpler language?

rietrot

Honorary Master
Since we're talking about the Chops, how does democracy play out in Chop?
Some bored rich kids you claim? Treat them with kid gloves. Yet people living there, who have businesses there, had to either lock themselves up or move out if they don't like it. Or simply shut the hell up?

In a time when the meaning of words are being redefined, we've really gone through that Looking Glass.
The left. Privilege, the rich are bad...

The left. Look how nice. A buch of spoiled brat rich kids have taken over part of the city.

buka001

Honorary Master
wtf :cautious::cautious: They DID ban semis in 1994. THEY WERE BANNED. Got it? THE DEMS WANTED the ban extended. They were stopped. What part of this don't you understand??

If they win big the next election (which I think they will) and take the house and the senate then they will ban semi-autos again, yes, and a whole lot more I suspect. Does that compute or do I need simpler language?
Yes and checks and balances exist in the democracy of the USA that ensures that when a president tries to "tyranny" and take all the guns away, these systems stop that.

That is why your fear mongering does not hold up.

Even in that 10 year ban, some semi auto were still allowed.