They just started dropping' - Heroes tell of dramatic scramble after people collapse in Cape Town

RedViking

Nord of the South
Interesting that not a single one of them can say who supplied the poisoned food.

rietrot

Honorary Master
Desperate guy. Sad.
I reckon it was accidental if the place giving it out was a fixed address and not on wheels. Could have been expired cooldrink for instance, while the mince was not contaminated.
Expired cooldrink? That's like flat coke? How does sugar water expire?
Stranger: You there! Here have some food I say.
Peasant: Why thank you kind Sir
Peasant: Dies
Stranger: Good good...

Who just accepts food from random strangers? Hungry people I suppose but still, effective and cheap way to do food trials without the use of animals though.
What would the purpose of the food trails be? A trail suggest they are testing something in a somewhat scientific manner. Did anyone see a guy in a white coat go around and record how long it that's the people to fall over after consuming the flat coke.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Expired cooldrink? That's like flat coke? How does sugar water expire?What would the purpose of the food trails be? A trail suggest they are testing something in a somewhat scientific manner. Did anyone see a guy in a white coat go around and record how long it that's the people to fall over after consuming the flat coke.
It was obvious that the coke was flat because no one heard a tsssssst

gamer16

Honorary Master
Expired cooldrink? That's like flat coke? How does sugar water expire?What would the purpose of the food trails be? A trail suggest they are testing something in a somewhat scientific manner. Did anyone see a guy in a white coat go around and record how long it that's the people to fall over after consuming the flat coke.
Lol @gamer16 , I don't know what they are smoking but they are taking your comments seriously. :laugh: :laugh:
:ROFL: Well they need not test the food itself, put pharmaceuticals in there or really anything where you would need a expensive set of trials to determine if its fit for humans, just test it for mahala on some boemies, when you get it to where they don't die, then call the lab to get a neat certification.

gamer16

Honorary Master
I wonder if, I and a hand full of random friends were to set up a prank like this whereby we all just fall to the ground in a densely populated public area what people's reactions would be?

Think acting like Zombies would work best in America and pretending to be possessed by the tokoshi would work best here.

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
Stranger: You there! Here have some food I say.
Peasant: Why thank you kind Sir
Peasant: Dies
Stranger: Good good...

Who just accepts food from random strangers? Hungry people I suppose but still, effective and cheap way to do food trials without the use of animals though.
Looks like these people were all job seekers/bin pickers. I rate it was some chop who thought he was doing everyone a flavor by cleaning up the street.

Pretty messed up.

gamer16

Honorary Master
Looks like these people were all job seekers/bin pickers. I rate it was some chop who thought he was doing everyone a flavor by cleaning up the street.

Pretty messed up.
Hmmmm

What if everything was made up to generate a trending article? With News outlests just quoting each other I suspect this would work very well indeed.

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
I was reading this with my wife last night and she said the symptoms are similar to Organophosphate poisoning. (She is a doctor) This makes me think it was foul play.

Nerfherder

Honorary Master
Hmmmm

What if everything was made up to generate a trending article? With News outlests just quoting each other I suspect this would work very well indeed.
Well... people dropping like flies on the same street does warrant some kind of investigation by the police.

MidnightWizard

Executive Member
I was reading this with my wife last night and she said the symptoms are similar to Organophosphate poisoning. (She is a doctor) This makes me think it was foul play.
Perhaps the next step -- now that it has been tested -- is into the main water supply ..????

Gordon_R

Executive Member
It could be accidental, from reuse of a container that previously had traces of insecticide.

Its not make believe:

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Certainly, but those aren't the people who wrote the article, the writer chose the word "heroes".

I reckon the world's standards have dropped in general for all kinds of things, wish we could be inspired by true heroes again and not call ordinary deeds, or even worse outright theft and corruption ala Zuma, heroic.

Meh, maybe it's just me, imo a hero puts his/her own life on the line to save another.
What's a hero? Let's look at the definition. Anyone has an 18th century definition for us?