They kept me hostage, assaulted me and didn't pay wages, claims domestic worker

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Sounds like some Middle East BS. They like to ''employ'' people from South-East Asia and Africa and then take their passports away and effectively enslave them.

Qatar's World Cup football stadiums have been built by many of these modern slaves.

The_Traveller

Expert Member
Sounds like some Middle East BS. They like to ''employ'' people from South-East Asia and Africa and then take their passports away and effectively enslave them.

Qatar's World Cup football stadiums have been built by many of these modern slaves.
Wow talk about thread derail, and dude you sure need to gargle with some jik ...

Quicks

“She made contact with me via someone in Rylands and said I must make an excuse like there was a sickness or death in the family so they could send her home because they were keeping her hostage."

If she was kept hostage? Why would they send her back home for a sickness or death?

DreamKing

Executive Member
“She made contact with me via someone in Rylands and said I must make an excuse like there was a sickness or death in the family so they could send her home because they were keeping her hostage."

If she was kept hostage? Why would they send her back home for a sickness or death?
may be you just tell them you have deadly virus ......

eg: ebola. :p

Daruk

Honorary Master
What kind of security do they have? Did they chain her to the bed at night? Do they not sleep?

RedViking

Nord of the South
What kind of security do they have? Did they chain her to the bed at night? Do they not sleep?
I suspect abuse and verbal abuse over a long period. Completely breaking down her character and making her feel worthless and maybe threatening taking her pension away or promising she will get paid but only if she is a good girl.

Daruk

Honorary Master
“Penalties and interests are payable if an employer is found to be flouting labour laws in respect of the national minimum wage,” she said.

“Additional penalties may apply if the employee was not registered for the Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF).”

Surely that's the least of these people's worries now they will be charged with kidnapping and assault???

Daruk

Honorary Master
I suspect abuse and verbal abuse over a long period. Completely breaking down her character and making her feel worthless and maybe threatening taking her pension away or promising she will get paid but only if she is a good girl.
Possibly she felt that way to start with like so many people in SA. Sad.

ɹǝuuᴉM

Expert Member
So, she had a choice than. And her IQ is? Either way, why is no one mentioning racism? Is the cruel employer not white or what? Does Malema and myBB ANC brigade know about all this abuse?
Sick minded employer if you ask me. If true, should rot in jail until Jesus comes.

Daruk

Honorary Master
So, she had a choice than. And her IQ is? Either way, why is no one mentioning racism? Is the cruel employer not white or what? Does Malema and myBB ANC brigade know about all this abuse?
Sick minded employer if you ask me. If true, should rot in jail until Jesus comes.
We were waiting for you. Took you long enough boet.