Autotrader web search pages cause it is filled with:
- Featured Listings
- Premium Listings
- Featured Car Dealer
- Car alerts reminder
- Ads

Hamish McPanji

Honorary Master
Going to work in the dark with no power. . Coming home in the dark with no power. Traveling and then visiting the other areas while their power is off. So basically no powder for 80% of the day. So glad I always paid my electricity bills on time all the years.
What's drugs gotto do with electricity?

redarrow

Expert Member
Never posted in this thread yet, so here's my catching up with what I can think of:

Electronics with unnecessarily noisy fans. Like my UPS till I opened it and replaced said fan with a quieter one, why oh why didn't they put a quiet one in in the first place?

People in queues who think everyone wants to hear them complain about whatever's bothering them, usually the service delivery at the front end of said queue.
Also, people in queues with no concept of personal space who's breath you can feel on your neck and it doesn't help to move forward cos they just do too.
Moron's with their loud doef-doef music. In cars, houses, doesn't matter where. Doef, doef, doef. I hate it.
People clogging up doorways or shopping isles to have conversations or just walking side by side at snails pace.

Poor search engines on online stores. E.g., try search for "4790k" on bidorbuy: Over 70000 items.. Even if you put it in quotes. Makes it really hard to do a simple search for the lowest price. Takealots is pretty crappy too.

Mosquitoes that whine right next to your ear but soon as you turn the lights on they instantly disappear and cannot be seen or heard till the lights go out again.

When attempting to lock the car and it gives a really long/loud hoot cos someone didn't close a door properlly (Toyota bakkie's do this).

Drivers who:
  • Seem to be stuck in molasses, i.e., take forever to get started and up to speed.
  • Have to come to an almost complete stop in order to enter a side junction.
  • Switch to the open lane at the robot and then pull away slower than everybody they were initially behind in the other lane.
  • Can't seem to get past 50kph by the end of the freeway on-ramp. It's usually downhill, how hard can it be?
  • Forget their indicator on for miles and miles.. how can you not hear it clicking away??

genetic

Honorary Master
Never posted in this thread yet, so here's my catching up with what I can think of:

Electronics with unnecessarily noisy fans. Like my UPS till I opened it and replaced said fan with a quieter one, why oh why didn't they put a quiet one in in the first place?
This one is easy to answer. It's cost.

redarrow

Expert Member
This one is easy to answer. It's cost.
Well that's obviously true, but I mean it wasn't really a cheapy UPS and it would've made it at most maybe R50 more with a decent fan. Or they could even have cheaped out and just made the same fan run slower but come on at a lower temperature or something.

creeper

Expert Member
Buying a wall mount for my TV, getting everything done, then realising that the screws to tighten the TV to the bracket (at the bottom of the arms) are unreachable when attaching the TV to the wall . Now to find a new wall mount set that can cater for my TV. (and patching the wall with the 10mm holes I made).

The_Mowgs

Executive Member
Buying a wall mount for my TV, getting everything done, then realising that the screws to tighten the TV to the bracket (at the bottom of the arms) are unreachable when attaching the TV to the wall . Now to find a new wall mount set that can cater for my TV. (and patching the wall with the 10mm holes I made).
Cant you just get a long screwdriver?

creeper

Expert Member
Cant you just get a long screwdriver?
That is the one problem. The TVs spacers sit flush to the bottom holes for the screws. Therefore, the bottom part of the arms are flush against the TV. When you place the arms onto the bracket, due to the tilt (it is a tilt bracket), the screws are inaccessible. And I've tried to change the tilt. The TV doesn't allow full upright tilt.

My guess is that the bracket wasn't designed for the newer 4k TVs, but for the larger HD TVs.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Know that feeling, had to patch holes I made when trying to get the wrong TV bracket up :-(.

dualmeister

Honorary Master
Government Tender website. Down 90% of the time and can never open the "Awarded Tenders" link.
Just dodgy as hell. Hiding their cronies :unsure:

Polly101

People who don't know how apostrophes work

Also, people in queues with no concept of personal space who's breath you can feel on your neck and it doesn't help to move forward cos they just do too.
Moron's with their loud doef-doef music.

People clogging up doorways or shopping isles to have conversations or just walking side by side at snails pace.

Poor search engines on online stores. E.g., try search for "4790k" on bidorbuy: Over 70000 items.. Even if you put it in quotes. Makes it really hard to do a simple search for the lowest price. Takealots is pretty crappy too.

When attempting to lock the car and it gives a really long/loud hoot cos someone didn't close a door properlly (Toyota bakkie's do this).

gamer16

Executive Member
Try and find the type of bracket with 2 pieces that slide together, ie bracket mounted on the TV slides into the bracket on the wall.

gamer16

Executive Member
Not being able to run Linux as it always goes bad upon installing graphics drivers, have tried a number of distro's and even more solutions. Would love to use Manjaro but if I install drivers it doesn't boot anymore.