Things that irritate you - Part 2

maumau

Honorary Master
People in general. We've decided good or bad this last pregnancy would be the last. Will people not keep saying why not try again?
Two in a row that didn't work out is emotionally draining on the whole family and my poor wife as a whole.
We've got one. He'll just for ever be spoiled, we've tried to give him siblings just never been.
It's your decision and should be respect by everyone.

Nothing wrong with having one child to enjoy.

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
Yes the floral bed sheets are back... I know as a child I previously bashed my head pretty hard resulting in the lump sagging and in a few days time it looks like I have a blue eye (from the sagging blood).

It's now a week after my tarmac crash and internal bleeding is still making it's way to my foot. I wish it would stop.

Dark sections on these pics.
IMG_20190412_174619.jpgIMG_20190412_174630.jpg

KT-B

Honorary Master
People in general. We've decided good or bad this last pregnancy would be the last. Will people not keep saying why not try again?
Two in a row that didn't work out is emotionally draining on the whole family and my poor wife as a whole.
We've got one. He'll just for ever be spoiled, we've tried to give him siblings just never been.
People can be rather cruel and nosy. My sister in law had three missed but kept going because in a Greek family it is important to have children. Her hubby wanted a boy - they got 4 daughters. They stopped after the last one. She would have been happy with one.

KT-B

Honorary Master
The price of Easter eggs and bunnies. When you have a family of 5, it can be rather costly.

Lupus

Honorary Master
People can be rather cruel and nosy. My sister in law had three missed but kept going because in a Greek family it is important to have children. Her hubby wanted a boy - they got 4 daughters. They stopped after the last one. She would have been happy with one.
I don't think they mean to be cruel, they haven't gone through it I suppose. First time it's like wtf, ok we will try again. Second time it's like okay that's it no more.
It's heartbreaking and sometimes you wonder why you go through it and a third time would be devastating. My son who is 7 had to go through it at 5 and now again at 7.
He seems to be okay, he's also told me that on second thoughts having a sibling doesn't seem to be all its cracked up to be.
We had friends come over who both have 3 kids and my son saw what it's like to have brothers and sisters. He said they fight a lot, he couldn't even play with his own toys, watch what he wanted to and and.
I think it's partially him coping saying that, but he might be fine.

KT-B

Honorary Master
I don't think they mean to be cruel, they haven't gone through it I suppose. First time it's like wtf, ok we will try again. Second time it's like okay that's it no more.
It's heartbreaking and sometimes you wonder why you go through it and a third time would be devastating. My son who is 7 had to go through it at 5 and now again at 7.
He seems to be okay, he's also told me that on second thoughts having a sibling doesn't seem to be all its cracked up to be.
We had friends come over who both have 3 kids and my son saw what it's like to have brothers and sisters. He said they fight a lot, he couldn't even play with his own toys, watch what he wanted to and and.
I think it's partially him coping saying that, but he might be fine.
Oh he will be. Just make sure he has the opportunity to play with other kids regularly - and you seem to be doing this already. Friends become more meaningful than siblings, when you find good ones.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Oh he will be. Just make sure he has the opportunity to play with other kids regularly - and you seem to be doing this already. Friends become more meaningful than siblings, when you find good ones.
True. I've not seen my brother since 2015, currently he is now spoiled as well.

cn@

Expert Member
People on youtube videos opening there videos with the awkward, "Hi, how are you doing?"

How the **** are you suppose to answer that?

<<And that goes for a person addressing an audience of people at a seminar or conference as well.>>

A better greeting would be "Hi, I hope you are all doing well."

Even better ... just start the talk by saying what you want to say.

Last edited:

saor

Honorary Master
Chain restaurants / franchises etc. where staff have no autonomy or freedom to make a decision. Their bosses have fkall trust in them & it makes for a kak experience.

cn@

Expert Member
You ever tell yourself you're gonna start something at 9, then get distracted and next you look it's 3 past 9. So you have to wait till 10 to start. What a waste.
Nope.

What usually happens with me during the evenings is:
  • It is 18:00 and I have some work to do that will take me about 2 hours. Fine, no problem. :)
  • But time flashes by and when I gather my wits again it is 00:35. o_O
Time and I are not friends.

Last edited: