Things that irritate you - Part 2

KT-B

Honorary Master
Neighbours using kak firewood to make a fire with, so the entire block smells of smoke. RIP to everyone who left their laundry out to dry today
lol we have that exact same problem. Whole house smells of wood. Luckily I like the smell

PhireSide

Executive Member
lol we have that exact same problem. Whole house smells of wood. Luckily I like the smell
I think it depends a lot on the type of wood - some are aromatic but others are just plain pungent and burns the eyes :)

gamer16

Honorary Master
I think it depends a lot on the type of wood - some are aromatic but others are just plain pungent and burns the eyes :)
Especially if its not dry properly or they lob a bunch of greens on it, it stinks, whats worse is they braai on it, sies man.

PhireSide

Executive Member
Especially if its not dry properly or they lob a bunch of greens on it, it stinks, whats worse is they braai on it, sies man.
With some species we get down here it helps a lot to pull the majority of the bark off before burning it, but yes, most wood you buy is so wet you would need a pack of firelighters just to get the logs to ignite.

I buy a few bags and leave it outside to dry for a few weeks before using it. I mostly use rooikrans or doringhout for braaiing but sometimes I will pick up a bag of the regional invasive species wood for the fireplace as the coals from it is not worth charring meat over.

gamer16

Honorary Master
With some species we get down here it helps a lot to pull the majority of the bark off before burning it, but yes, most wood you buy is so wet you would need a pack of firelighters just to get the logs to ignite.

I buy a few bags and leave it outside to dry for a few weeks before using it. I mostly use rooikrans or doringhout for braaiing but sometimes I will pick up a bag of the regional invasive species wood for the fireplace as the coals from it is not worth charring meat over.
One of those things I still need to learn is the different kinds of wood and whats best for a braai. The only kind I know is Kameeldooring because my dad used to make us go find fallen trees when I was still a kid Living in Thabazimbi, made good firewood from what I remember but had to go damn far to get it as everyone wanted it, also think its protected or something as the live ones always had little signs on them even many km's out in the bush.

t_girl

Memmory loss.

I haven't a single memmory of yesterday but a whole load of questions about wtf it is I did based on the state of myself and my house.

You should be very very careful with Gin ladies and gentlemen.
The reason I drink Gin is because it doesn't make me drunk - unless I mix it with shots. I can drink GnT's all night and be nice and fresh the next morning.

gamer16

Honorary Master
The reason I drink Gin is because it doesn't make me drunk - unless I mix it with shots. I can drink GnT's all night and be nice and fresh the next morning.
I'm kind of the same but with a delay, so I'll be drinking then nothing and nothing then I take a couple of shots then nothing nothing and then boom I'm standing somewhere I don't know weeing on a traffic circle.

Hellhound105

Expert Member
Sitting at work for 2 hours nothing goes wrong. Then you leave the office to find boxes and thus a total of 10 minutes you are away and everything falls to pieces.

Get back to work press a button and 2 hours later still no issues. Not leaving the office now.

KT-B

Honorary Master
Maybe you should play some sims, make sure to delete the doors once they are inside so you won't be abandoned again.
No if he does play - he should remove the doors and set them on fire. Wait for death to come