Things that irritate you - Part 2

KT-B

Honorary Master
The built-in MyBB search function which leaves much to be desired IMHO

I usually revert to Google with site:mybroadband.co.za at the end, but I do wish the integrated one would be just a smidge better
What could you be searching for ?

PhireSide

Executive Member
What could you be searching for ?
For instance, I was looking for the "MIA MyBB Forumites" thread but when typed into the search function and selecting Search Titles Only, you get this result:

1563458656529.png

Google finds it fine however, because it doesn't omit the 'MIA' part

KT-B

Honorary Master
For instance, I was looking for the "MIA MyBB Forumites" thread but when typed into the search function and selecting Search Titles Only, you get this result:

View attachment 685555

Bwahahahahha I also hate their search program. Thought it was just me not being able to find anything - really glad it isn't.

PhireSide

Executive Member
Bwahahahahha I also hate their search program. Thought it was just me not being able to find anything - really glad it isn't.
The worst part is when you need to urgently refer to a thread and it appears to have disappeared into the ether - and then you forget about it ever existing by the time you see the thread again.

I also tried searching for the thread about the jail time for the TV licences, only for it to tell me that 'TV' is too short.

So I ended up with lots and lots of threads about driver's licences instead :unsure:

backstreetboy

Honorary Master

View attachment 685555

AFAIK not all old threads got indexed after the upgrade. Works 100% on new threads however.

KT-B

Honorary Master
The worst part is when you need to urgently refer to a thread and it appears to have disappeared into the ether - and then you forget about it ever existing by the time you see the thread again.

I also tried searching for the thread about the jail time for the TV licences, only for it to tell me that 'TV' is too short.

So I ended up with lots and lots of threads about driver's licences instead :unsure:
I know the pain. Makes me thing about the lack of knowledge on SharePoint and how searches fail because they do not understand it.

KT-B

Honorary Master
AFAIK not all old threads got indexed after the upgrade. Works 100% on new threads however.
That thread is one I saw today. If it is the same one where you can be jailed for not paying your TV license. Absolute rubbish if you ask me - but still finding the thread is a challenge

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Nope - the only good one. Doesn't mean I want to do it
Then that is why you're expected to cook. Nothing to do with gender, everything to do with ability.

Now get back in the kitchen

KT-B

Honorary Master
Then that is why you're expected to cook. Nothing to do with gender, everything to do with ability.

Now get back in the kitchen
No it is a gender thing. Men grew up with their mothers doing everything - and they expect their wives to do the same. How many married men do the cooking every night ?