Things that irritate you - Part 2

KT-B

Honorary Master
That is a terrible idea, how do you think disgusting/dirty/or fat people go about their day, by looking in the mirror and telling themselves they are perfect. Then they go sit down for the day as they are too fat to get up off their seat within 8 hour increments.
Actually we avoid mirrors. You won't find many in our houses. Not many reflective surfaces either.

R13...

Honorary Master
I got a new neighbor this weekend, he is a massive Cun.t.

I know this as he has massive obnoxious rims on his piece of shite old Jetta and also a be patient I'm lowered sticker on the back.

I just know drunk me is going to edit that sticker to say be patient I'm ruined, I must remember to spray some clear lacker over it so he cannot remove it.
How do the rims make him obnoxious? Aren't you also into booming subs, exhausts and disco bowls underneath your car? You should be getting on like a house on fire.

gamer16

Executive Member
How do the rims make him obnoxious? Aren't you also into booming subs, exhausts and disco bowls underneath your car? You should be getting on like a house on fire.
They are I'm guessing 19" Soweto style ill-fitting wrong hub/spacer ugly wheel arch rubbing slowing down traffic going over humps at 0.2 kph unsafe ugly wastes of good metal

Yes I have loud audio in my car, I am courteous to not disturb the public so I make sure to turn it down in slow traffic or at a stop or near businesses or churches etc etc

Yes I like loud exhausts, no I do not have one fitted, yes I would annoy everyone on a 5km radius if I did, just like the no muffler straight pipe STi wagon that screams down my street every evening some time before the very loud over-fueling induced anti lag Golf R comes past, both of which sound f,ucking amazing and their selfless service to the public is greatly appreciated and cherished.

satanboy

Psychonaut seven
I request that a new laptop be added to my insurance policy.
They respond
"Kindly provide us with the valuation for the laptop item you want to add onto the policy."
I send a screen shot of the order from takealot, which shows the price, date delivered (clearly means I paid for it).
They respond
"Kindly provide another valuation for the device for reference."
WTF

gamer16

Executive Member
Sadly not a vampire. One of those "disgusting/dirty/or fat people" @gamer16 was talking about
Well I had to keep the list short so I picked the common one's, there is no time to mention the others like those who think they are portals or those who think the Dalai Lama is watching them get dressed through it etc etc

KT-B

Honorary Master
Well I had to keep the list short so I picked the common one's, there is no time to mention the others like those who think they are portals or those who think the Dalai Lama is watching them get dressed through it etc etc
The fact remains that we do not like mirrors. It shows our failings and the ugliness.

Speaking of being watched - that is the very reason I stopped using VR option in Pokemon. It disturbed me one day when I got out of the shower and switched on my phone and the front camera came on. What a scary sight. Permission revoked.

gamer16

Executive Member
The fact remains that we do not like mirrors. It shows our failings and the ugliness.

Speaking of being watched - that is the very reason I stopped using VR option in Pokemon. It disturbed me one day when I got out of the shower and switched on my phone and the front camera came on. What a scary sight. Permission revoked.
I know what you mean, heard loads of horror stories with exploited cams, some people like to put a bit of tape or a sticky note over their camera's for that reason.

Even more disturbing though is if you have a look at all the tracking scripts & cookies in your browser and everything they are monitoring, or if you look at all the sensor date all those apps on your phone is busy sharing home and also everything Google monitors/tracks, worrying how much they can tell about you from it.

KT-B

Honorary Master
I know what you mean, heard loads of horror stories with exploited cams, some people like to put a bit of tape or a sticky note over their camera's for that reason.

Even more disturbing though is if you have a look at all the tracking scripts & cookies in your browser and everything they are monitoring, or if you look at all the sensor date all those apps on your phone is busy sharing home and also everything Google monitors/tracks, worrying how much they can tell about you from it.
That actually doesn't bother me. I don't want my camera switching on and catching my unawares. But if it does - then I feel sorry for anyone watching. Same thing about audio recording - if they switch on while I am in the car - poor them!!!

I use Google maps with location data on all the time. It tracks every trip. I was able to locate where last my stolen cellphone was and was able to wipe it remotely. For me that is worth it. And as I do a lot of driving - I like that I can look back on my trips and see where I went. Also it can be used if I am hijacked along with my car. If I am driving at night - I used Glympse to share my live location - so that if anything happens - people will at least know where I was last.

I know a lot of people are paranoid about the data being collected. But there are valid uses for this data. It is not as though someone is stalking you for nefarious purposes.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Probably going to end up with tick bite fever as I pulled a tick out of my head. Must have picked the hijacker up on my Saturday visit to the Monkey Rescue Cntr.:mad:

gamer16

Executive Member
That actually doesn't bother me. I don't want my camera switching on and catching my unawares. But if it does - then I feel sorry for anyone watching. Same thing about audio recording - if they switch on while I am in the car - poor them!!!

I use Google maps with location data on all the time. It tracks every trip. I was able to locate where last my stolen cellphone was and was able to wipe it remotely. For me that is worth it. And as I do a lot of driving - I like that I can look back on my trips and see where I went. Also it can be used if I am hijacked along with my car. If I am driving at night - I used Glympse to share my live location - so that if anything happens - people will at least know where I was last.

I know a lot of people are paranoid about the data being collected. But there are valid uses for this data. It is not as though someone is stalking you for nefarious purposes.
Tracking yourself is kind of fun yes, I have a simple gps logger that starts when my phone connects to the car, every now and then I'll export that data which provides some interesting things.

I think people are mostly paranoid because we have seen what seemingly simple/irrelevant information can be used for in the wrong hands.

For eg no one had any issues filling out a census forum in the early 1900 with load of personal information, their families details, where they live, where they work what religion they are who and where their extended family is etc etc etc. Then a little bit later a very angry man with a funny mustache came along and used this information to figure out exactly how many of his enemies there were and where they lived, he then promptly organized them surprise visits to ovens, gas chambers and execution walls.