Things that irritate you - Part 2

dualmeister

Honorary Master
What is this all about ? I have been kinda out of it lately - missed the news. Only stopped working to catch Beiruit
1596695654510.png

About This Group
Description

We are in a battle for the heart and soul of South Africa. We cannot allow ourselves to be paralyzed by fear for one more minute. Yes, we are banged up and yes, we have been beaten down, but we are not broken. It is up to every single one of us to rise up against the people bent on trying to destroy our great nation. The time is now for us to unite from all corners of the globe and show solidarity against a bent and corrupt system that can no longer be allowed to have its way with the future of our people and the future leaders that follow. We are now left with only two options - Either we run and cower, or make a stand, together, as sons and daughters of South Africa! Either we stand together united as one, or we fall divided as individuals. The time for sitting on the fence is over. Our country needs us, and only the people can set us free! Our aim is to get ONE MILLION people to take hands in peaceful protest across the country and abroad. To show our force, we need not raise our voice. The sheer numbers of purposeful protestors alone will make a statement that the world will not be able to ignore. Through the help of a carefully constructed plan, we will leverage all of our partner platforms, groups, and associations along with both local and international press for this event (or events), where we will deliver our expectations. We will develop these with the help of the public. We will call all on races, all religions, all genders to work with us and strengthen the numbers, and mount growing pressure through our ongoing presence and international awareness campaigns.

TribbleZA

Honorary Master
What is wrong with wanting things to improve no matter where you choose to live?
Nothing wrong - but professing to love a country from a distance is not as effective as loving it from inside. (my opinion). But we do need all the help we can get. Holding virtual hands will achieve what exactly though ?

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Nothing wrong - but professing to love a country from a distance is not as effective as loving it from inside. (my opinion)
But still better than nothing right?
I'll be leaving but I will certainly still hope that SA sorts itself out.

TribbleZA

Honorary Master
But still better than nothing right?
I'll be leaving but I will certainly still hope that SA sorts itself out.
Yes - when you leave - the country you go to becomes your first concern. As it should be. But there is really nothing you can do but send well wishes.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
Colleague saying she'll be with me in a minute...

...still waiting after an hour. Stuff that.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
When you start a new show (Umbrella Academy) that has more than one season, get really in to it, decide to Google something while knowing you shouldn't and then spoil it for yourself. GG WP.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: McT

McT

The Humble Scot!
When you start a new show (Umbrella Academy) that has more than one season, get really in to it, decide to Google something while knowing you shouldn't and then spoil it for yourself. GG WP.
Thanks for the heads-up. I shan't be doing the Google on anything related to this :D

McT

The Humble Scot!
When you learn that your kid has 37 days of school left for 2020 ... and he hasn't been to school since mid-March :mad:

I feel gutted for him. He wants to be back already. I wants to learn. His anxiety and emotional state is starting to hurt him :crying:

Lupus

Honorary Master
When you learn that your kid has 37 days of school left for 2020 ... and he hasn't been to school since mid-March :mad:

I feel gutted for him. He wants to be back already. I wants to learn. His anxiety and emotional state is starting to hurt him :crying:
Yup, basically only had about 40 days of actual school and now only about that left sigh. But most of it was because the schools parents decided against the kids going back, small school :-(.

Reactions: McT