Things that irritate you - Part 2

Lupus

Honorary Master
Oh not to mention the DR storage is out of warranty and it's replacement has been delayed till Oct sigh.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Oops. Hope the infra will hold together until then.

Strongs.
Yeah this is my hope, already had both controllers go on the DR, managed to get it up and running. But yeah thanks to delays with chips and such apparently my stuff is taking it's time. Was already supposed to be installed and taking the load off the primary so I could get some much needed maintenance off the primary. Now I'm busy bubblegumming things.

The_MAC

Executive Member
Car Salesmen and Estate Agents.

Acting all friendly and courteous until you point out that they are talking rubbish. Then they become defensive and dismissive.
Building Contractors often also do the same - as soon as you start picking up snags you are labeled as difficult..

Lupus

Honorary Master
Building Contractors often also do the same - as soon as you start picking up snags you are labeled as difficult..
Yup, even pool contractors, guy still hasn't come to fix my light, last communication from him was I will be there after this job, that was a a week ago.

The_MAC

Executive Member
Yup, even pool contractors, guy still hasn't come to fix my light, last communication from him was I will be there after this job, that was a a week ago.
I was a proud customer of Rapid Pools that was on Carte Blanche 2 years ago - text book example of a crooked contractor

Gimli

Delivery vehicle hooting at my gate... Can't they phone or press the button?

Lupus

Honorary Master
I was a proud customer of Rapid Pools that was on Carte Blanche 2 years ago - text book example of a crooked contractor
Ouch that sucks, nah he seemed decent and he finished off 99% of the pool it's just the light came out, he got stuck on another job and also going into the pool this cold :) think I know why he's hesitant

kfc4unme

People that start a Teams chat with "Hi, how are you?" - and wait for you to reply - resulting in a mindless conversation instead of getting to the point..
This.
Really annoys me. Just ask the question. Why do we have to have the "how are you" ceremony every time you want to ask a question.

Creag

The Boar's Rock
I heard there is a massive diesel price increase coming next week. I had a look to see that it was only a 45c/l increase. Definitely will hurt. But is it massive. :unsure:

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
Numbers in the range from 0875373757 to 0875373767 is relentless in calling.

Truecaller sais it's scammers.

Sepeng

Expert Member
I'm pretty sure I'm getting more and more dyslexic as I get older.
The number of people I've asked to sing a document is remarkable.
As for whorehouses instead of warehouses, don't get me started.

HunterNW

Honorary Master
Never seen that before. Is it like pop or classic ?

Whiskers81

Expert Member

It is evident what is on your mind. Singing whorehouses.

But if dyslexia is your story and you're sticking to it.....

Lupus

Honorary Master
So one of my team members moved to another team, but he's still part of the bigger team. He moved as it was kind of a promotion, but yet he still needs a lot of help with the basic sys admin side of things, it's things he should've been doing when he was a part of my team but when I allocated tasks to him, he'd have excuses about going into the office. So he contacts another sys admin from another team to help him with an issue, now this guy normally asks me questions anyway, so now I'm like really guy? You've spent an entire week trying to figure out this problem, I come along took a look and sorted it out in 15 minutes.
Funny thing was the other sys admin was like oh i only had 30 minutes to look at the issue, I felt like saying 30 minutes is all that was needed. Sigh, yet we can't actually hire guys with the skills required properly cause of governmental rules restricting who we can hire. Took us 2 years to replace guys who left in 2019 and we had to drop the job spec over and over.

Ninja'd

A Djinn
It is evident what is on your mind. Singing whorehouses.

images