• You are losing out on amazing benefits because you are not a member. Join for free. Register now.
  • Big Two-Day Giveaway - Win an Amazon Kindle, a Mystery Gadget and Branded Gear. Enter Here.
  • Test your broadband speed and win prizes worth R5,000. Enter here.

Things that irritate you - Part 2

R13...

Honorary Master
I usually ask it first thing and it's here by the time the cashier finishes ringing my items.
I am surprised by people who appear to ask for their smokes last, holding up the queue. Maybe they first want to see the damage on their food and other essentials before deciding if they have enough just for 20s or a carton.

f2wohf

Honorary Master
People feeding crap to your dog despite your warnings.

Obviously leaving you to deal with the vomiting and diarrhea of the dog all night long.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Because it’s “good for dogs to eat raw things as they would in the wild” tells you the guy who never had a pet in his life.

Pretty sure he must an anti vaxxer too.
Oh ffs, firstly dogs aren't in the wild, we've bred them so far from them being in the wild that most wouldn't survive that long.

f2wohf

Honorary Master
She got discharged, it's viral or bacterial so they wait for the results to treat it and gave painkillers in the meanwhile.

I really freaked out as when I hear cyst, lump, growth I immediately feared a cancer but it's discarded.
Part 2 of the story. They did analysis, found a bacteria but the pain started again yesterday.

Did an ultrasound right now, it's a peritonitis, she's going straight to hospital.

Really not my day...

Lupus

Honorary Master
It seems the moronic anti-science is spreading. I keep seeing more and more people who seem to be against GMO, MSG, transfats and and and and. Argh it is annoying

f2wohf

Honorary Master
It seems the moronic anti-science is spreading. I keep seeing more and more people who seem to be against GMO, MSG, transfats and and and and. Argh it is annoying
I fully agree with the EU's precautionary principle on GMO (not an outright ban but just being cautious). That's the only of these I agree with.

f2wohf

Honorary Master
Why though? What basis are you agreeing with it?
Mostly regarding cross contamination and cross pollination.

Don't forget that I've had a cancer whose origin is totally unknown (risk factors are rather unknown too) but that affects mostly developped countries young people and whose rate has increased heavily. Everything points to external and environmental factors (since it's not genetical) so I became quite wary of any "new" thing since it probably comes from one of these new factors.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Mostly regarding cross contamination and cross pollination.

Don't forget that I've had a cancer whose origin is totally unknown (risk factors are rather unknown too) but that affects mostly developped countries young people and whose rate has increased heavily. Everything points to external and environmental factors (since it's not genetical) so I became quite wary of any "new" thing since it probably comes from one of these new factors.
You're afraid that some corn seeds would go and cross pollinate with another non gmo corn? Even if it did they are technically only supposed to allow that crop to grow once and let the other farmer know. The fear of GMO is scary that even Europe is just swaying to popular belief instead of reason. For one of the first times in history famine is less then any other time in history and we have a population of 7.6 billion, this isn't because of organic farming methods in fact it's because we've used science to extend food.
It's unfortunate that you did get cancer though the chances it came from your food is probably very slim, unless you really loved corn, sugar beets, cotton seed oil or egg plant? It could be from many external factors, more diesel cars in Europe (thanks to falsified reports that it's better for the environment), vaping, climate change etc... But pinning it on GMO I'm not sure on. Also GMO has been around for 21 years or so.