Things that irritate you - Part 2

Rouxenator

Dank meme lord
I wish Spotify had a "I'm only using this for music" switch so I don't need to see the irrelevant podcast suggestions I've never once clicked on.
I wish di.fm had a wider selection of ads. They only have 6 of them and it gets annoying fast.

Paul Kemp

Expert Member
Having to spend time with chronic complainers. Easy to navigate around in general but spend a week with one and they’ll suck the life out of you. This too shall pass.

SaucePlz

Having a thread on an interesting topic shut-down because people can't play nice.
But at least I have a new interest to read up on. :)

P.S: Collective punishment is illegal :p

jibo82

Entitled people who insist on derailing a topic they do not like instead of just ignoring it.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Users who log calls to delete their data, I keep having to remind them my team are the custodians of their data, they are still the owners. They should be handling big deletes and things but nooooo apparently they just don't have the time and ask us to give them a easy to use interface. I'm like how you handle your data now is an easy to use database, if you don't want it you reject it and say delete.

SaucePlz

aEp3EZe_700bwp.webp

HunterNW

Honorary Master
Phoning Bitco because my wifi connection is down. Operator says they prefer me logging a call via email.
Asked her how the fck can i send an email without a connection ?
Bitco - These motherfckers are down every bloody weekend.

R13...

Honorary Master
Calling a company, go through several voice prompts, enter your ID to confirm you a customer and then get "Our operating hours are..... Please call back during this time"
Or enter all that info and a sample of your DNA, get through to a human who proceeds to ask you for the ID number that you used to authenticate yourself.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
I was traveling east along the N12 toward the Reading Interchange. Traffic comes to a standstill. On the other side (west bound) of the highway I can see a plume of smoke and I can clearly see that traffic on that side has backed up. Then I notice eastbound cars in the emergency lanes on both sides of the highway with people standing looking over the central divider and others walking across the highway.

These people stopped their cars on the highway, bringing traffic to a halt and causing a backup, so they could go see the action on the other side.

Why are people like this?

Sinbad

Honorary Master
I was traveling east along the N12 toward the Reading Interchange. Traffic comes to a standstill. On the other side (west bound) of the highway I can see a plume of smoke and I can clearly see that traffic on that side has backed up. Then I notice eastbound cars in the emergency lanes on both sides of the highway with people standing looking over the central divider and others walking across the highway.

These people stopped their cars on the highway, bringing traffic to a halt and causing a backup, so they could go see the action on the other side.

Why are people like this?

maumau

Honorary Master
Bit of long story but .... before my brother in law employed a new domestic 3 years ago he revamped the domestic quarters, re-tiled the bathroom walls, replaced the bedroom flooring and cubpoards, covered the walkway between the main house and the outside rooms. He removed the 32" TV and wall mounted a brand new 50" TV. He's the kindest man on the planet and it made him feel good that he could improve someone's living conditions.

The most lovely domestic named Lister moved in. She's always in a good mood, friendly, reliable, enthusiastic and a real asset. Everybody loves her and she loves the family. My sister asks her everyday what she needs grocery-wise, it's usually bread and milk, sometimes maas then my sister buys it for her. When Lister's children are not feeling well my sister drives them to the chemist and buys whatever the pharmacist recommends. She also drives to the bus-stop every afternoon to fetch Lister's children after school. They have a good relationship.

I was chatting to Lister the other day, shooting the breeze about Zimbabwe where her Mom still lives, she showed me pics of their house and the village she was born in. She told me about the difficult life she had until she was employed by my brother-in-law and how happy she is working for him. I turned to look at her and smile but she stopped me in my tracks by saying "but we've only got one small room"!

She was not complaining, not moaning just stating a fact but I felt so hurt for my BIL.

The quarters consist of a decent sized bedroom, smallish bathroom and tiny kitchen area - it's designed for one person (the maid :notworthy:).

Lister arrived with her husband, her 8 year-old child and a 10 year-old and 12/14 year-old boy - the last two are her deceased sister's children who she took in when the sister died. Yes she's living in "one small room" but she's the one who squeezed 5 people in there.

........................................ her comment irritates me :mad:

Lupus

Honorary Master
Bit of long story but .... before my brother in law employed a new domestic 3 years ago he revamped the domestic quarters, re-tiled the bathroom walls, replaced the bedroom flooring and cubpoards, covered the walkway between the main house and the outside rooms. He removed the 32" TV and wall mounted a brand new 50" TV. He's the kindest man on the planet and it made him feel good that he could improve someone's living conditions.

The most lovely domestic named Lister moved in. She's always in a good mood, friendly, reliable, enthusiastic and a real asset. Everybody loves her and she loves the family. My sister asks her everyday what she needs grocery-wise, it's usually bread and milk, sometimes maas then my sister buys it for her. When Lister's children are not feeling well my sister drives them to the chemist and buys whatever the pharmacist recommends. She also drives to the bus-stop every afternoon to fetch Lister's children after school. They have a good relationship.

I was chatting to Lister the other day, shooting the breeze about Zimbabwe where her Mom still lives, she showed me pics of their house and the village she was born in. She told me about the difficult life she had until she was employed by my brother-in-law and how happy she is working for him. I turned to look at her and smile but she stopped me in my tracks by saying "but we've only got one small room"!

She was not complaining, not moaning just stating a fact but I felt so hurt for my BIL.

The quarters consist of a decent sized bedroom, smallish bathroom and tiny kitchen area - it's designed for one person (the maid :notworthy:).

Lister arrived with her husband, her 8 year-old child and a 10 year-old and 12/14 year-old boy - the last two are her deceased sister's children who she took in when the sister died. Yes she's living in "one small room" but she's the one who squeezed 5 people in there.

........................................ her comment irritates me :mad:
Sadly some people are just never grateful. But as the pineapple would ask has she paid her TV license??

S.Claus

Expert Member
Region blocks or partial blocks. Binge watch season 1 but guess what season 2 is not available and the only way to get is with a VPN/SmartDNS or pirate.

46Female

Expert Member
I was sitting in a restaurant and working on my laptop and this woman was slurping her drink and it was finished at the table next to me. for about half an hour.