Things that irritate you - Part 2

Sepeng

Expert Member
The cost of starting a kid at school. Fokkit.
Ha! Try being an idiot like us and having more than one kid! Need to seriously look into this homeschooling thing...

Complexes with stupid ass rules -

View attachment 607376
I kinda see where they coming from. Where we stay everyone has a double, sometimes 3 car garage. Yet cos they store stuff in them the cars park in their driveways (this is fine) but also in the visitors parking and blocking parts of the road (not fine - not much visitors parking). So our general rule is your car is parked in the visitors parking for a period of time you get fined per day.

Polly101

Ha! Try being an idiot like us and having more than one kid! Need to seriously look into this homeschooling thing...

I kinda see where they coming from. Where we stay everyone has a double, sometimes 3 car garage. Yet cos they store stuff in them the cars park in their driveways (this is fine) but also in the visitors parking and blocking parts of the road (not fine - not much visitors parking). So our general rule is your car is parked in the visitors parking for a period of time you get fined per day.
but that is more sensible than charging you for how you use your garage

awvince

Expert Member
Stop parking your car in the visitors parking and use your freaking garage!

/in other words
It's still retarded, I pay for the unit. I understand not parking in the visitors, but I can park in front of my unit. WTF can't I use my garage as a lounge. lol

awvince

Expert Member

This makes more sense.

RedViking

Honorary Master
It's still retarded, I pay for the unit. I understand not parking in the visitors, but I can park in front of my unit. WTF can't I use my garage as a lounge. lol
In all honesty. You don't want to go there. It is a harsh rule bit there for a reason.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Nah, not going to go against the rule, I use my garage as advised, just think it's a stupid rule
When I lived in a complex 90% of the garages were full of rubbish. Cars were parked where ever, we even had one chap who would rotate his cars through the visitors bays.
They fined him, not that he paid anyway. He didn't even pay his levies.
So glad I got out of a complex.

RedViking

Honorary Master
When I lived in a complex 90% of the garages were full of rubbish. Cars were parked where ever, we even had one chap who would rotate his cars through the visitors bays.
They fined him, not that he paid anyway. He didn't even pay his levies.
So glad I got out of a complex.
Wish I could say the same. But I am just glad I have a home.

Last edited:

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
Homeschooling is a good thing to look at, but keep in mind the following :

1. Register with the Pestalozzi Trust. R90 per month for peace of mind as they will help you with legal battles should it be required.
2. One parent will have to be full-time with the kids at home. This means loss of income, and financially you will be stressed.
3. Internet access is helpful for some things you want to look up etc.
4. Join the homeschooling group on Whatsapp - people plan outings etc and the kids go together and socialize like in a school.
5. There's also lots of extra activities the kids can do without the schlepp of being at school. Eg take them to a science museum etc when it is quiet.
6. Advantage - no peer pressure wrt drugs or bullying of any sort.

It is not something that can be done on the spur of the moment, but if you plan it carefully then it will work for you.

Should you guys have queries etc, best to start a new thread for this topic. ;)