Third time unlucky for 3D television – so what went wrong this time?

ThinkCentre

Expert Member
Not interested in 3D! Technology not there yet! One day it might be there!

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
The only reason I got a 3D TV is because of the mhtz and no ghosting.

Drifter

Honorary Master
Used the 3D on my Samsung about three times. There is just not enough 3D content out there, and the 3D upscaling sucks, except in cartoons.

Petec

Expert Member
Me, my sons and a lot of mates all want to puke our lungs out, after about 5 minutes, watching anything in 3D. It's just a terribly uncomfortable experience.
I have so many friends who have just given up going to the cinema, because what they want to go see is usually only in 3D at their local cinema.

Plus, we all just upgraded to various tech flat screens, the last few years... Unfortunately we are not all in the financial bracket, to spring for the latest flat screen (30k-50k) every 2-3 years.

This a a massive global reality, but still the marketing idiots are asking why. They should be rounded up and put to work pushing a treadmill, generating electricity, for being so stupid.

Vegeta

Executive Member
Am I the only person who likes 3D and I sometimes have to wear glasses over my glasses if i'm not wearing contacts. Just not enough content, would love to see everything in 3D. When a movies is done well in 3D its alot of fun, if 3D is an afterthought it adds nothing to the experience.

Make series in 3D! Would love to watch GOT in 3D

Maverick Jester

The Special One
Amen if every new movie & series was released in 3D I think people would be eating this stuff up.
Imagine 3D netflix

As well as networks getting in on the program and offering content for viewers, even if on a pay-per-view basis. However, virtual reality looks to be the successor to this, so it may not be a bad thing to kill off for that advancement.

Vegeta

Executive Member
As well as networks getting in on the program and offering content for viewers, even if on a pay-per-view basis. However, virtual reality looks to be the successor to this, so it may not be a bad thing to kill off for that advancement.
People complain about the glasses already, imagine those big headsets.

satanboy

Psychonaut seven
I've had my 3D TV for two years and have yet to watch anything 3D on it.

kianm

Honorary Master
I can only watch animation in 3D sometimes. The rest is cr @@p. My glasses are mostly just collecting dust there