This grandma will kill you with kindness — and in 'Call of Duty'

Solarion

Honorary Master
BB1egTTB.img

It's 9 a.m. on a Tuesday morning when Michelle Statham settles into her gaming setup: three monitors, two PCs, a camera, headphones and a microphone. Colorful lights accent the walls, and a Baby Yoda doll is perched on the shelf behind her.

A few minutes later, she's in the middle of a digital gunbattle — one she loses. "I thought I pulled the trigger first," Statham yelled. "This is fine, chat, because then I can drink my coffee and wake up," she said on a recent stream, referring to the chatroom she interacts with.

Like many other people who stream themselves playing video games, she's settling in for a four- to five-hour session in which she plays with friends online while fans and other gaming community members watch along. Statham usually plays "Call of Duty: Warzone," a popular first-person-shooter game in which she fights with a team in a digital battlefield until only one team remains.
But there's a crucial difference between Statham and most of the people who will watch her play online that is evident in her online alias: TacticalGramma.

At 56, Statham is one of the oldest female video game streamers

Full Article

Little Mac

Honorary Master
I see your 56 year old granny and raise you a 90 year old great granny

gregmcc

Honorary Master
Probably related to Jason. Going to kick your ass.

wbot

Executive Member
I also know of Skyrim's Shirley Curry. She's 84 and also plays games like Fallout.

Bethesda even announced she will be an npc in Elder Scrolls 6. Hope she's still around when the game finally gets released.

YDppQ3nkYYtGakqbovfF7j-480-80.jpg

wireddreams

Been teaching my my 6 year old son some COD... I know it's wrong since here's young and all. But I just need someone to play with...