This is how Cell C’s network migration will impact Vodacom and MTN customers

Hanno Labuschagne

MyBroadband
Staff member
Super Moderator

This is how Cell C’s network migration will impact Vodacom and MTN customers

MTN customers do not have to worry about the impact of the migration of Cell C customers to its infrastructure, it told MyBroadband.

Cell C’s decision to decommission its own network has left South Africans – and MyBroadband readers in particular – concerned over the impact of increased traffic on the mobile networks they use.

The operator’s strategy involves the migration of its customers to MTN and Vodacom’s networks.

|tera|

Master of Messengers
Vodacom's network is a snail these days. Mainly due to the hogging of their network by Rain.
I can still believe that MTN won't be impacted adversely, but I won't believe for a second that Vodacom won't be affected.
That's probably why Vodacom declined to comment on that.
Cell C should just be dissolved IMHO.

Marcan

Vodacom's network is a snail these days. Mainly due to the hogging of their network by Rain.
I can still believe that MTN won't be impacted adversely, but I won't believe for a second that Vodacom won't be affected.
That's probably why Vodacom declined to comment on that.
Cell C should just be dissolved IMHO.
"Cell C should just be dissolved IMHO."

Cell C can be closed or liquidated or whatever, but those customers will not go away. I will still need my LTE data from any network, or have to get again a copperline from Telkom for ADSL. There is no fibre in this small rural town.