This is how fast MTN’s LTE-Advanced network is

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Title should read:
MTN Introduces a new enhancement in the fight for the Out-of-Bundle Shark

Those speed-tests alone would eat though a 1GB "free data" package without much effort.

cavedog

Honorary Master
I sometimes wonder what needs to happen for mybb forum members to be happy.... It's insane to be honest. No company can do ANYTHING right in the eyes of the mybb community.

SA does not have the best prices but compare pretty good to international providers too. Now I know there are guys/girls just waiting to post links to 5 providers overseas offering uncapped wireless. Boohoo they most likely not in the same country. We have at least 1 provider in SA that do offer cheap uncapped LTE. 1 out of a possible 4 is not bad but could be better.

South Africa is very large geographically compared to European countries which means so many more towers that are need to cover SA and more expenses.

SA providers DOES NOT have spectrum to work with so for them to pull of these speeds not even leaving a bit wasted and getting the results they are getting is impressive to say the least.

Gee wizz people stop complaining we have world class networks in SA and results like these and those from Vodacom is pretty damn impressive.

I do agree we need more affordable broadband but complaining about not having tons of data to use on these networks is a bit unfair given the challenges these operators face in terms of spectrum.

I've watch people comment all the time saying LTE-A and I can't even get decent 3G speeds then the next guy say such fast speeds but expensive data. So how can they balance great performance with value for money offers? You can't because cheaper means slower and more expensive means faster? Choose.

sajunky

Honorary Master
SA providers DOES NOT have spectrum to work with so for them to pull of these speeds not even leaving a bit wasted and getting the results they are getting is impressive to say the least.
The have enough spectrum for mobile usage. Problem is that in South Africa cellular towers serve as a primary Internet, while in other countries it is a supplementary service to the fixed line operators.

kianm

Honorary Master
Title should read:
MTN Introduces a new enhancement in the fight for the Out-of-Bundle Shark

Those speed-tests alone would eat though a 1GB "free data" package without much effort.
:D

buyeye

Expert Member
btw we get 90meg/s on Telkom's uncapped LTE. YAY 113meg/s with a 5 gig cap.

ThinkCentre

Expert Member
In the rest of Cape Town, you hardly get 3G with MTN, let alone 4G/LTE! Now they come up with this once in lifetime LTE Advanced in a place where people don't really need that fast internet compared to the CBD!