This is the best mobile network in South Africa

kwaggawerner

Funny how as Vodacom stopped throwing money at MyBroadband, and MTN hopped on board to sponsor MyBroadband events and marketing, they suddenly get a 10 out of 10... These aren't audited results, but purely internal 'testing'.

Louis72

Funny how as Vodacom stopped throwing money at MyBroadband, and MTN hopped on board to sponsor MyBroadband events and marketing, they suddenly get a 10 out of 10... These aren't audited results, but purely internal 'testing'.
Probably some truth in that. Dont bite the hand that feeds you.
To be fair Vodacom’s network in Pretoria has been trash lately.

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
Mybroadband awards: 5 Trophies. MTN gets 4 and Liquid gets 1. Guess who the 2 title sponsors were.

AstroTurf

Lucky Shot
Yup. I use an Axxess-supplied SIM in my phone. During load shedding it is utterly useless. Too much battery theft.
On the plot we live, only people with working phones during power outages are Vodacom users...

cavedog

Honorary Master
Probably some truth in that. Dont bite the hand that feeds you.
To be fair Vodacom’s network in Pretoria has been trash lately.
Vodacom customer care dropped my call because they said they could not hear me. Very bad static noises on the line....

At home the coverage is so bad I disable LTE so it can have Vowifi.

At work I have a small Nokia I buy 60min all network voice bundle for R12 but the 2G coverage is so poor no one can hear me.

I actually switched to Telkom and disabled the roaming and using a Telkom prepaid sim in my Vodacom contract. Now voice is working surprisingly good.

I'm in Centurion.

Azg

Expert Member
The previous results (when Vodacom used to come out on top) were also "purely internal testing".

Although it's not a scientific endorsement / auditing my experience also mirrors these rankings. MTN has the fastest mobile data but is expensive. Cell C sucks balls.

rrh

Expert Member
The testing equates speed with QOS, which - to my mind - is a major flaw.

I live within spitting distance of the Johannesburg Zoo and rarely get a stable connection to MTN, thus making speed tests impractical.

watercool

I this like to add, Axxess service is pathetic, probably the worst I have ever experience. at start Axxess was great, but know it is probably the worst, I ask that management from Axxess to get of your lazy A#@$ and start training your staff to act better towards your clients please, provide a service then being half dead.