This is what you could buy for the same price as DStv Premium

Bradley Prior

MyBroadband Journalist
Super Moderator
This is what you could buy for the same price as DStv Premium

DStv is losing Premium subscribers in South Africa as locals cut costs in an effort to weather tough economic conditions.

Many South Africans are turning to online streaming services for their entertainment instead, as these offer both cheaper monthly subscriptions as well as on-demand viewing and exclusive content.

Bad1

Example of a private company milking us in favour of shareholders which are in Israel, dstv is unaffordable to most South Africans. Multichoice is the reason many South Africans are unable to watch a simple rugby or cricket game, if we all cancel and force multichoice to reduce prices to below R500 a month, guess what multichoice would have no choice but to value people in South Africa and drop prices, multichoice is as corrupt as the government but the difference is if we cancel our subscription multichoice has to listen to us, cancelling your subscription is like casting a vote, otherwise multichoice wouldn't care about any of us, remember when a few of us wanted multichoice to remove the gupta news channel, multichoice refused until they had to when Zuma resigned, rather give the kids the money as extra allowance

Petec

Expert Member
Even a budget gaming pc should have 16 gig of mem.
Cheap as chips nowadays. The mem that is ;)

gaboom

Just out of interest...
In India I paid the equivalent of 1 months dstv premium subs for a full year of premium HD offerings (tata sky, dishtv, etc) including significantly more international channels. Now they also throw in a local streaming service (hotstar) that is far better than showmax.

In Egypt, I paid around 400 for similar content to dstv on OSN. There is also BEIN (part of Al jazeera) that is a little less costwise but more focused on sport but with far more sport options than dstv. People would either have both or switch between the two networks depending on what sport events are on each month.

In both countries, they do not charge installation...

We South Africans are severely ripped off - guess it happens when there is a monopoly?!

Demented!

I dropped my sub a few months ago, best decision by far. I actually realised how much costly that dstv was , versus streaming

Jomi101

I'm currently paying more for 100mbs uncapped Fibre than for a Premium DSTV package, and it's all worth it. It's not about paying less, it's about what you get for your money, even if it's more expensive, right?

Demented!

I'm currently paying more for 100mbs uncapped Fibre than for a Premium DSTV package, and it's all worth it. It's not about paying less, it's about what you get for your money, even if it's more expensive, right?
I could not agree more, after all internet is a must.. well for most if not all of us on here. I am a gamer so its a win win either way

Jomi101

I could not agree more, after all internet is a must.. well for most if not all of us on here. I am a gamer so its a win win either way
Yes, I'm a PS4 gamer and I opted for the 100mbs speed due to lengthy downloading times at 20mbs in the past. Now RDR2 at 100GB takes me 3 hours to download instead of 16-17+ hours way back lol.