This is why Everyshop had thousands of product reviews at launch

Hanno Labuschagne

Journalist
Staff member

This is why Everyshop had thousands of product reviews at launch

JD Group recently launched its online store Everyshop, offering a wide variety of technology products, computers, appliances, and other products from leading brands.

It currently offers items across 10 main categories – entertainment, fashion, health & beauty, perfect home, work & study, projects & DIY, lifestyle & leisure, fitness, cellular, and kid’s world.

With regards to tech, it features major brands like Sony, HP, Acer, Apple, Canon, Dell, Epson, Garmin, Hisense, Huawei, JBL, LG, Samsung, Pioneer, and Xbox.

Mr Scratch

Expert Member
I don't even care bc the only times igaf about a review is when it's a generic/no-brand item you're gambling on

AntiThesis

Executive Member
TLDR: Bots ;)
So not true! They stole them from other sites.
Because of this, Everyshop partnered with global review aggregator TestFreaks to provide product reviews.

TestFreaks was previously a consumer-facing website which users could access to see what consumers and critics thought of various products.

Totempole

Expert Member
Why does this come as a surprise??? Incredible connection has been using this functionality for ages.

Many of these reviews are scraped from Amazon and various other international sources.

Genisys

Honorary Master
In my view reviews like these are unethical, simply because it is not representative of your service.
Besides that, there are different batches for most products, some batches could be good, some could be bad. Having a few thousand positive reviews but selling a bad batch is worse than having no reviews

Rocket-Boy

Executive Member
I dont think anyone cares really.
Everyshop must be paying really well though, seems they are the new multichoice around here.

bwana

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Product reviews? As long as they are representative of the good, bad, and ugly I don't really care where they came from as long as they're there. Without them consumers suffer more than anyone.

Totempole

Expert Member
At least with Takealot you know the reviews are from local buyers.

Only downside there is that it seems like only 50% of negative reviews get published.

On top of that anyone can write reviews, and there's no way to distinguish between people who purchased the item on Takealot and people who didn't.

Fulcrum29

Honorary Master
The reviews are about the products the , not their service.

My bad, I didn’t know it was two separate customer experiences. The customer journey is fiction after all.

I am sorry to inform you, but product experiences vary from every point of purchase. If you are happy with someone else’s experience from Amazon, Costco, Richer Sounds, Micro Center, etc., sure just know that it is not reflective of the shopper experience.

What I am saying is, the reviews aren’t organic no matter how much journalism or spin goes into it. It is a false customer journey because it is reflective of another seller.

Aggregator services have a place, syndicated content is purposeful, but we are dealing here with different regional markets, warranty and terms of service. It is a bloody awesome service for dropshipping, if direct from the source, or affiliate marketers, or is this inclusive of EveryShop?

All which brings me back to fulfilment which is the service of EveryShop.

So, where may I publicly review EveryShop on their own site?

Little Mac

Honorary Master
My bad, I didn’t know it was two separate customer experiences. The customer journey is fiction after all.

I am sorry to inform you, but product experiences vary from every point of purchase. If you are happy with someone else’s experience from Amazon, Costco, Richer Sounds, Micro Center, etc., sure just know that it is not reflective of the shopper experience.

What I am saying is, the reviews aren’t organic no matter how much journalism or spin goes into it. It is a false customer journey because it is reflective of another seller.

Aggregator services have a place, syndicated content is purposeful, but we are dealing here with different regional markets, warranty and terms of service. It is a bloody awesome service for dropshipping, if direct from the source, or affiliate marketers, or is this inclusive of EveryShop?

All which brings me back to fulfilment which is the service of EveryShop.

So, where may I publicly review EveryShop on their own site?
Ok Karen
Why would everyshop leave bad reviews on their site anyhow?