This is why Google wants to know your birthday

Hanno Labuschagne

Journalist
Staff member
This is why Google wants to know your birthday

Android users and other people with Google accounts are reporting that they have received a prompt from Google to provide the company with their date of birth.

"Your date of birth is missing. This info is needed to comply with the law," the prompt states.

This prompt is sometimes displayed even when a Google Account holder already provided their date of birth when they created their account.

RandomGeek

Expert Member
Maybe Google is just being nice and wants to give everyone a nice Google Pixel phone for their birthday?

Paul Kemp

This is for bad parents like myself that used a false year to create our kids social accounts prior to their 13th birthdays.

Esbendzn

Well on my birthday, when i logged into Chrome! Above the Search Bar was a Happy Birthday message!

Jan

Who's the Boss?
Staff member
Why not 11/11/(19)11?
I was making a very bad and obscure joke about MS-DOS based systems (including some versions of Windows at the time) that would roll over to 1 January 1970 (or maybe 1980?) on Y2K.

In reality the databases used for your average online service that asked for your birthdate would never have had a problem with a date like that, and Gmail only launched in 2004 - long after Y2K was done and dusted.

RIP my joke. You were too young.

SauRoNZA

Honorary Master
This is for bad parents like myself that used a false year to create our kids social accounts prior to their 13th birthdays.

I would say good parents considering the **** show that is YouTube Kids.

Thugscub

Expert Member
Google panics when you use its search engine but absolutely none of its apps.
It tells me I live in Casablanca and speak French to living in Eskimo Land to Rome.
Then the panic really starts when it tries to figure out how old you are or if you prefer sheep in g strings or a panda.
AI is really not that bright when one feeds it totally batshit data.

grok

Honorary Master
This is so Gates & Co knows who to kill off in their drive to lower earth's population! Out with the old, on with the new, all coded into the vaccine chips..