This Jaguar ad

saor

Honorary Master
Must an accident or something, not sure how anyone would actually approve that on a website. Except if it's one of those desktop stripper adverts.

Zuner

Expert Member
Also almost made a thread, I've always used ad blocking on mybb, after switching to Ublock origin recently i decided to add mybb to the whitelist.
Only to see a jaguar and think I've got malware. damn near almost installed malwarebytes again.

rpm

Admin
Staff member
Thanks for the feedback regarding this advert. I completely understand your frustration.

We passed the sentiment to the marketing team, but I am not certain they can do much about it. It is rather challenging to get money nowadays, and if you say “no” to campaigns you will also not get future campaigns from that company.

BTW: I really appreciate it that so many members do not block ads on MyBroadband. It really helps us.

Arthur

Honorary Master
Thanks for the feedback regarding this advert. I completely understand your frustration.

We passed the sentiment to the marketing team, but I am not certain they can do much about it. It is rather challenging to get money nowadays, and if you say “no” to campaigns you will also not get future campaigns from that company.

BTW: I really appreciate it that so many members do not block ads on MyBroadband. It really helps us.
You're welcome. That's why I don't block ads. You need the income to fund this operation, which we users get for free.

ambroseg1

Honorary Master
Must an accident or something, not sure how anyone would actually approve that on a website. Except if it's one of those desktop stripper adverts.
Like this :confused:

Elax

I've switched adblock plus off for mybroadband.co.za, still no ads displaying though

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
I don't block ads but I do zoom to 150% to hide those side banners.
They are quite distracting

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master
Ok, this started as a mild inconvenience but now it's just fcking annoying!

Barbarian Conan

Expert Member
I usually pause adblock on MyBB and other sites I feel like supporting. Until the stupid Jaguar add takes up a large chunk of my browser window as the spotted turd takes a leisurely stroll across the page.

I thought MyBB would know better than to agree to an ad like this.