This Jaguar ad

gamer16

Executive Member
Thanks for the response rpm.

What about having a paid option with fewer or no ads, and an ad supported option. But I can understand it might also get technical and some users who can't support paying will feel they are being punished.

Good to hear it won't happen often. Although I would still consider having no intrusive advertising at all.
Or perhaps just a way of donating, Patreon then you can enable adblock without a guilty conscience.

R13...

Honorary Master
The ad scared me a moment thinking I'd picked up some malware until I saw the banner lol. It's a bit annoying but unless it comes up every time the page loads it's a non-issue

Thank you for the suggestion and your support.

I really wish paid subscriptions could work, but in South Africa it fails. I think the ad-supported model works, and it is luckily not often that we have to run intrusive ads.

IN this case you have to hover over the ad to trigger the jaguar, but the mouse typically go over the top banner so it takes the user by surprise (they do not feel they initiated the action).
@rpm

Funny thing is, it's right in the middle of the forum. If you need to scroll up to select anything, you scroll over it. It's highly intrusive, and I have activated adblock. Will only remove it once the Jaguar things has run it's course.

ekske1

Executive Member
came here to make a new thread about this.

View attachment 638922

Really WTF
rpm
rpm. no offense but as I'm most forumites will say, we're happy to whitelist the adds etc that are on myBB but this one is really , really intrusive. Can they not resrtrict the cat to just walking across the ad banner. Also on a large screen, its pretty pixalated, I thought I had been hacked or had some virus jaguar.xs .
I thought it was just a photoshop edit to make people whitelist to see if its really there. haha...

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Temujin

Executive Member
Thank you for the suggestion and your support.

I really wish paid subscriptions could work, but in South Africa it fails. I think the ad-supported model works, and it is luckily not often that we have to run intrusive ads.

IN this case you have to hover over the ad to trigger the jaguar, but the mouse typically go over the top banner so it takes the user by surprise (they do not feel they initiated the action).
How so? Its not an either or thing... its not a sub only site, or an ad only site... if say for example each user generates average of R50 per month in ad revenue, how is asking R50 for sub and not displaying ads for them 'fail'? You'd still display ads for those who don't sub and still get that revenue too... Not quite following:unsure:

Johnatan56

Honorary Master
How so? Its not an either or thing... its not a sub only site, or an ad only site... if say for example each user generates average of R50 per month in ad revenue, how is asking R50 for sub and not displaying ads for them 'fail'? You'd still display ads for those who don't sub and still get that revenue too... Not quite following:unsure:
Maybe because less premium for the add as less viewers?
Would still be good to have a paid account that has no adds. Thing is that the forum content is user generated, so they are going to be charging you for access to stuff you contributed.

Temujin

Executive Member
Maybe because less premium for the add as less viewers?
Would still be good to have a paid account that has no adds. Thing is that the forum content is user generated, so they are going to be charging you for access to stuff you contributed.
Yeah... I guess if majority pay, you have less viewers to sell to marketers... makes sense:unsure:

km2

Expert Member
**** this stupid ad and having the Jaguar take my click instead of the link I was trying to hit.