Those Caravan Folk!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuckmyster

Executive Member
You went a bit mushroom there. Is it for sale? Can it even still be towed after standing so long?
anything is towable if ya have the balls.
I wouldnt tow mine anywhere.

But this is the good time of the year to buy a caravan
Easter weekend is finished, lots of family fights would of happened.
Winter is coming, women get miserable and demand a kitchen makeover or bathroom.
Hubby is in constant kak and therefore either sells the caravan or the KTM to please the wife for her R80k homemaker.
Thats life and thats how it works.
women :rolleyes:

Craig

Honorary Master

Winter is coming, women get miserable and demand a kitchen makeover or bathroom.
Hubby is in constant kak and therefore either sells the caravan or the KTM to please the wife for her R80k homemaker.
LOL. It would have been awesome. But alas, I'm to poor to own one.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator

Think it's time to start looking for one...

At first I figured I'd drag it behind the Captiva or Mokka but after reading this thread my wife's Spark might be more suitable... I'll need to remove this first.

IMG_4014.JPG

Craig

Honorary Master

At first I figured I'd drag it behind the Captiva or Mokka but after reading this thread my wife's Spark might be more suitable... I'll need to remove this first.

View attachment 648860
I wonder how you would know if your vehicle can tow. Is there like a weight limit or something, power requirement probably as well.

Chuckmyster

Executive Member

View attachment 648860
a small caravan is lightweight and mine has a pop up roof, gives you that extra 1 foot height inside so you dont bump your head, helps with towing.
Most of the time I dont even bother lifting my roof, i just use the caravan to sleep in. Prefer cooking in the outdoors and dont want bacon splatter inside everywhere anyways.
I think my 1982 Caravette 5 weighs 680kg

Chuckmyster

Executive Member
I wonder how you would know if your vehicle can tow. Is there like a weight limit or something, power requirement probably as well.
your manual will tell you.
I know the Toyota Etios cant tow, there is zero room to install a towbar.

bwana

B MyBroadband
Super Moderator
I'm sure it's in the manual somewhere.
a small caravan is lightweight and mine has a pop up roof, gives you that extra 1 foot height inside so you dont bump your head, helps with towing.
Most of the time I dont even bother lifting my roof, i just use the caravan to sleep in. Prefer cooking in the outdoors and dont want bacon splatter inside everywhere anyways.
I think my 1982 Caravette 5 weighs 680kg
I prefer everything to smell like bacon. It's easier to note the absence of it that way.

Geoff.D

Executive Member
For someone who is so safety conscious I'm surprised you put such a TL;DR sign on the back of your 4x4. It must be huge to use a font big enough to be read from a safe driving distance.
There is another part to the sign. It says "if you can read this you are too close"

asshat99

The point of all of this is there are some of us that refuse to be intimidated by idiots on the roads.
And, by defending your manhood by being stubborn, you both create a dangerous situation and become one of those idiots.

I always find it hilarious how those who protest about the 'laws' never turn out to know them at all. Self righteous road hogs who get a sense of power by forcing people to wait behind them and simultaneously moan about the dangerous situation they have created.

Last edited:

Geoff.D

Executive Member
And, by defending your manhood by being stubborn, you both create a dangerous situation and become one of those idiots.

I always find it hilarious how those who protest about the 'laws' never turn to know them at all. Self righteous road hogs who get a sense of power by forcing people to wait behind them and simultaneously moan about the dangerous situation they have created.
No one is "forcing" you to do anything. You have the right to break the law in any way you choose to. So long as the only one in danger is yourself.

Driving along at the speed limit in a designated lane does not create a dangerous situation. The danger comes from those that want to travel above the speed limit come what may and everyone else must simply get out of their way, regardless whether there is room to get out of the way.

Last edited:

Swa

Honorary Master
No one is "forcing" you to do anything. You have the right to break the law in any way you choose to. So long as the only one in danger is yourself.
It's that idiot again. Why he hasn't been banned with all the reported personal attacks I don't know. @bwana

asshat99

Driving along at the speed limit in a designated lane does not create a dangerous situation. The danger comes from those that want to travel above the speed limit come what may and everyone else must simply get out of their way, regardless whether there is room to get out of the way.
Yes, this is what we are talking about. You and your self righteous quoting your 'law' stickers and caravanners who are totally driving at the speed limit.

I have absolutely no problem overtaking road hogs who stubbornly like to hold up others in the name of road safety while moaning about the dangerous situation they have created. Others are not so lucky.

Let's make a dangerous situation, be a road hog and then complain about the maniacs that we attract. A normal person would feel bad about causing a scene and inconveniencing others. People like you relish it because you enjoy the chaos that you cause.

Geoff.D

Executive Member
Yes, this is what we are talking about. You and your self righteous quoting your 'law' stickers and caravanners who are totally driving at the speed limit.

I have absolutely no problem overtaking road hogs who stubbornly like to hold up others in the name of road safety while moaning about the dangerous situation they have created. Others are not so lucky.

Let's make a dangerous situation, be a road hog and then complain about the maniacs that we attract. A normal person would feel bad about causing a scene and inconveniencing others. People like you relish it because you enjoy the chaos that you cause.
You are making an assumption. You have not read all my posts. Have you travelled on that particular road? Do you know how narrow the "yellow lane" is on that piece of the N7 actually is? Do you know and appreciate that the yellow line does NOT, in fact, create an "emergency lane" on all highways? The yellow lane simply marks the "edge" or verge of a road nothing more. It is ONLY on multilane "freeways" where the "yellow lane" is wide enough to be considered as an emergency lane.
How many heavy vehicles have you driven? How many caravans have you towed?

Do you know that there is NO minimum speed on most roads in SA? There are even many "freeways" or sections of freeways where a minimum speed does not apply either.

Therefore, all the road users who DO know the rules AND obey them DO NOT have an obligation to make way for you and your ilk. No one obeying the rules creates a dangerous situation. The ones who choose to violate the rules can turn any situation into a danger. The only time you may have a valid argument is on a multilane highway if someone sits in the fast lane at below the speed limit when there is plenty of space available in the slower lanes or when a specific lane has been marked with a minimum speed limit. Such a person IS breaking the law which apparently you are okay with people breaking the law anyway, so where is your case? Or is it because you believe you have some special right no one else has?

And yes, I have looked through many of your posts on myBB. Do you want me to quote the statistics on how many of your posts are just personal attacks?
You could do us all a favour and simply move your social media interactions to Facebook and Twitter, where there are many more of your type.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.