Those opposing e-tolls should move on: transport minister

supersunbird

Honorary Master
Peters criticised those who opposed e-tolling and said it was time they moved on.

I will move on as soon as she buys me a house in Sandton, which is where I work.

j4ck455

Executive Member
The system had been operating for the past 18 months, and Sanral was able to test the system [highlight]without billing road users.[/highlight]

That is a blatant lie, people who were stupid enough to buy an etag and register it, and worse gave their bank details to SANRAL, have had their bank accounts plundered by SANRAL.

Peters said reports that revenue collected through e-tolling would go offshore was a myth.

That is another blatant lie, some of the money will stay in SA, some of it will go offshore.

Alli said at least 700,000 [highlight]people[/highlight] had already registered for e-tags.

That is another blatant lie, most of those etags were purchased for and on behalf of companies and government, not by 700000 different people, if it is even 700k yet which is probably another lie.

I can quite easily see Mac Maharaj and Nazi Alli sitting around a dinner table trading lies with one another in an attempt to see which is the better liar.

froot

Honorary Master
Might re-think that a bit after reading this :
Strike up the R51m band – and take cops off the street

People should rather use their votes next year to show their true feelings to the government.

TMPD is mostly useless in my experience anyways, so losing a few more of them won't make a serious difference. It's like multiplying 0 by 0.
And we have the "National Traffic Police" here anyways. When TMPD is mia, NTP is here to make up for the crap they cause.

Stokstert

Executive Member
It's more important to play music to the dead and partygoers than manning non-functional traffic lights and controling unruly taxis.

House

Banned
Unless the public resort to violence and damage to property and burn down gantries, e-tolls are here to stay and I agree with government that collections will at some point in time start to roll in smoothly. It will only take about 3 months until an individual's pocket is rocked by toll fees and then they will start signing up and getting e-tags. And, the best is, government does not even have to enforce collection, just the mere increase of bills will be sufficient for more than half of Gauteng residents to get tags,

House

Banned
Average salary of R620,000 per person in this so called unit. Seriously! R51,4m salary bill per annum for 83 unit members. WTF?!

Yeah, but looking at the corruption surrounding the e-toll system, at least 5 ministers will each get an additional R1m increase for establishing the unit. The unit boss will probably get around 5-10 million p/a... Those at the bottom will probably get an average salary of 7k after deductions.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
The system had been operating for the past 18 months, and Sanral was able to test the system without billing road users.

So you were posting a million notices a week? ****ing liar.

Creag

The Boar's Rock
Peters criticised those who opposed e-tolling and said it was time they moved on.

Where to? You and your frigging henchmen are going to eventually toll every road across the country anyway. :mad:

RichardG

Honorary Master
I pay enough fkng taxes now this crap. They just want to suck as much blood as possible to enrich political connected businessman/women..
Fuel levy, yearly license renew, too much tax already.

Now food prices are going to go up in price a loaf of bread will probably set you back R15 now or more, people will be laid off cause they cannot afford to keep up with salaries.

House

Banned
I pay enough fkng taxes now this crap. They just want to suck as much blood as possible to enrich political connected businessman/women..
Fuel levy, yearly license renew, too much tax already.

Now food prices are going to go up in price a loaf of bread will probably set you back R15 now or more, people will be laid off cause they cannot afford to keep up with salaries.

You are right.

What you mentioned is just some aspects as to why this country has reached the point of no return. It is heading down and fast at that.

Everything we are experiencing now is similar to a pyramid scheme. It will not be long before everything comes tumbling down.

j4ck455

Executive Member
Might re-think that a bit after reading this :
Strike up the R51m band – and take cops off the street

People should rather use their votes next year to show their true feelings to the government.

There is another way of dealing with that outrageous cost to taxpayers, just get the "banned" Taxi Vowelance to compete with the 54 person band, they will soon take each other out and save tax payers R50m/year.