Thousand Oaks: 'Mass shooting' reported at California bar

konfab

Honorary Master
Stop being Islamophobic. Just because he doesn't look Middle Eastern, doesn't wear Islamic garb or doesn't speak Arabic doesn't exclude him from being a Muslim. For all we know, he is ReligionFluid, thus at the moment of shooting, he could have very well identified as an ISIS immigrant.
Well with all these Apache helicopters running around you never know

Snopes is not proof of anything really and they somehow gloss over the source of the picture completely.

Was it photoshopped? Was he posing in a halloween costume? That one needs an answer before it can outright be considered "kak"
Snopes, if you read it only goes on the names itself. They are saying he is the Long guy and not the <insert islam name here> Nothing about the actual photo.

Odds are they're more thorough at the state border than their US/Mexico border, what with California being a safe-haven and all.

Being a California resident for most (all?) his life I'd bet that gun was bought in California though, a couple of articles state it was bought legally, they'd most likely have mentioned if it was from out of state.
Well, then you actually haven't been to the US recently.
Any state gun control is largely ineffective if not implemented countrywide. Any city or district gun control is ineffective if not implemented statewide. Unless they put border controls in, of course.

And I was commenting on the ridiculousness of your argument wrt the mass shootings in California in general. As you were

I was commenting on the ridiculousness of your argument wrt the mass shootings in California in general. As you were
An argument that would only hold water if there's any correlation between mass shootings in Cali and guns coming from out of state.

Feel free to find us such a correlation, until then, the theory that gun control can prevent shootings is the ridiculous thing here. As you were.

An argument that would only hold water if there's any correlation between mass shootings in Cali and guns coming from out of state.

Feel free to find us such a correlation, until then, the theory that gun control can prevent shootings is the ridiculous thing here. As you were.
There is that correlation related to Chicago. Which was posted many times , to no effect..

And there is no correlation between mass shootings, and guns bought in state either. The only thing that still stands is unless there is border controls between states, any in state gun control is ineffective.

So, no thanks. I don't have that much free time.

Emjay

Expert Member
Well, then you actually haven't been to the US recently.
Any state gun control is largely ineffective if not implemented countrywide. Any city or district gun control is ineffective if not implemented statewide. Unless they put border controls in, of course.

And I was commenting on the ridiculousness of your argument wrt the mass shootings in California in general. As you were
And any argument around gun control really is not going to get anywhere. The American people are not going to disarm themselves, as guns are heavily part of their culture. Maybe this will change a few generations down the line.

unless there is border controls between states, any in state gun control is ineffective
Good thing that California has made laws to prevent guns from entering without them knowing too huh?

https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/ab991

Pursuant to Penal Code sections 17000 and 27560, any person who moves into California with a firearm is considered a "Personal Firearm Importer" and is required by California law to do one of the following within 60 days:

• Complete and submit a New Resident Report of Firearm Ownership (BOF 4010A), pdf along with $19.00 to the California Department of Justice, Bureau of Firearms;
  • Sell or transfer the firearm to a California licensed firearms dealer or to another individual using a California licensed firearms dealer to conduct the transaction; or
  • Sell or transfer the firearm to a California police or sheriff's department. Persons choosing this option should contact the law enforcement agency for instructions prior to transporting the firearm to the agency.
We're in agreement though: gun control IS ineffective, so why the hell do people keep clamouring for it?!?

And any argument around gun control really is not going to get anywhere. The American people are not going to disarm themselves, as guns are heavily part of their culture. Maybe this will change a few generations down the line.
Why are you telling me? I was just responding to some BS assumptions

Emjay

Expert Member
Why are you telling me? I was just responding to some BS assumptions
Sorry, you are right. My post was also aimed at the others.

What is interesting is that this guy's political affiliations have not been determined yet. Seems shootings are becoming highly partisan discussions now too.

Good thing that California has made laws to prevent guns from entering without them knowing too huh?

https://oag.ca.gov/firearms/ab991

We're in agreement though: gun control IS ineffective, so why the hell do people keep clamouring for it?!?
And? You're actually supporting my point. It has to be done at a federal level otherwise it's ineffective.

Ask people here who are clamouring for it? They will tell you the same thing

Thanks.