Thousand Oaks: 'Mass shooting' reported at California bar

theratman

Executive Member
Sorry, you are right. My post was also aimed at the others.

What is interesting is that this guy's political affiliations have not been determined yet. Seems shootings are becoming highly partisan discussions now too.
Doesn't really matter if he's left or right, he's clearly a nut job and a lone wolf.

Emjay

Expert Member
Doesn't really matter if he's left or right, he's clearly a nut job and a lone wolf.
I agree with you.

There however was a very contentious debate around the rise of Right wing extremism in the PD section. The thread was deleted in its entirety, even though there was some very relevant stuff in there and would be able to help people understand what happened with this shooting.

theratman

Executive Member
I agree with you.

There however was a very contentious debate around the rise of Right wing extremism in the PD section. The thread was deleted in its entirety, even though there was some very relevant stuff in there and would be able to help people understand what happened with this shooting.
I often think using a shooters political view is harsh on the side they're on. A left wing nut job could just as easily be a right wing one. Unless the act was purely politically motivated I don't think it has that much bearing on the action itself.

I often think using a shooters political view is harsh on the side they're on. A left wing nut job could just as easily be a right wing one. Unless the act was purely politically motivated I don't think it has that much bearing on the action itself.
Yup, it's often more a reflection of the mental state of the individual rather than their views

You may well be right. But when it's a Muslim perp things are a bit different. Just look at Marine1 trying to convert this guy to Islam after the fact.

Emjay

Expert Member
You say that now. But you will see how one or two will creep out of the woodworks if he is identified as a Trump supporter. ;)

I agree with you.

How do we determine he was right wing, or a Trump or Hillary supporter?

Does it make a difference? I'm sure everyone has some mentally retarded supporters, even the Democrats :p