Thousands to lose jobs month end at Tongaat Hulett

rietrot

Honorary Master
They made their billions , they should be made to look after the honest worker who got none of it .
No bankrupcy no shenanigans , just look after your workers , the share holders have enough to keep their tea sweet.
That's not how the shareholding work. Everyones will have shares. You probably have/had some in your pension fund.

Business isn't charity.

access

Executive Member
I do not think eating empty calories, even in moderation, is beneficial for once health. Of course if it works for you, keep on doing it.
those are usually treats arent they? eating a whole bunch of different ones each in moderation all the time is still eating a whole lot of them all together, which is not in moderation.

its much easier to obtain these things today, also easy to buy made meals packed with sodium.

some people have replaced their sugar intake for salts and think its better. ignoring the dangers of too much sodium.

BBSA

Honorary Master
those are usually treats arent they? eating a whole bunch of different ones each in moderation all the time is still eating a whole lot of them all together, which is not in moderation.

its much easier to obtain these things today, also easy to buy made meals packed with sodium.

some people have replaced their sugar intake for salts and think its better. ignoring the dangers of too much sodium.

Aqua_lung

Honorary Master
Not surprising, everyone I know has cut down on sugar. I've not bought sugar in months.

BBSA

Honorary Master
completely agree. like carbohydrates. just not too much of it.
Humans have comsumed salt for donkey years, your body knows how to handle excess salt. There is absolutely no reason to be scared of salt(except if you over comsume suger).

We were talk about sugar and refined carbs, they are definitely not essential and I highly doubt they are good for humans.

access

Executive Member
Carbohydrates aren't essential. And it isn't good for many people.
Humans have comsumed salt for donkey years, your body knows how to handle excess salt. There is absolutely no reason to be scared of salt(except if you over comsume suger).

We were talk about sugar and refined carbs, they are definitely not essential and I highly doubt they are good for humans.

carbohydrates have also been consumed for donkey years. they also have essential functions, like salt does. all have various nutritional values.

recent studies have even found that pasta helps weight loss. go figure, which kind of makes sense if i think of my lanky childhood friends that ate pasta till it came out their ears.

everyones different, depriving yourself of something might not be good for someone else. just like you overdoing something might not effect the next person the same.

a balanced diet with regular exercise will however benefit everyone. just dont over do it. its not rocket science.

BBSA

Honorary Master
carbohydrates have also been consumed for donkey years. they also have essential functions, like salt does. all have various nutritional values.

recent studies have even found that pasta helps weight loss. go figure, which kind of makes sense if i think of my lanky childhood friends that ate pasta till it came out their ears.

everyones different, depriving yourself of something might not be good for someone else. just like you overdoing something might not effect the next person the same.

a balanced diet with regular exercise will however benefit everyone. just dont over do it. its not rocket science.
Again, we were disgusting suger and refined carbs. There are no chance in hell that they are essencial for humans.

access

Executive Member
Again, we were disgusting suger and refined carbs. There are no chance in hell that they are essencial for humans.
its all over the internet. just look for the essential functions. sugar has its place in peoples diet. cutting carbs makes your body burn its stored carbs, obviously. it is energy.

also, im not saying eating bucket loads of candy or drinking rivers of cola is good nutrition. drinking a cold drink or eating a sweet now and then is not going to suddenly cause gross obesity.

yes excess consumption does cause problems.

BBSA

Honorary Master
its all over the internet. just look for the essential functions. sugar has its place in peoples diet. cutting carbs makes your body burn its stored carbs, obviously. it is energy.

also, im not saying eating bucket loads of candy or drinking rivers of cola is good nutrition. drinking a cold drink or eating a sweet now and then is not going to suddenly cause gross obesity.

yes excess consumption does cause problems.
No, sugar does not have a place in people's diet. You can get energy for many other sources. In fact, I had much more energy then I stopped eating sugar. You can have sugar as a treat, but you are mistaken if you think it is healthy or needed. Stop reading websites sponsored by kellogs.

Many people does not consume sugar, and they are doing just fine. I have never heard of a person who is deficient in suger.

access

Executive Member
No, sugar does not have a place in people's diet. You can get energy for many other sources. In fact, I had much more energy then I stopped eating sugar. You can have sugar as a treat, but you are mistaken if you think it is healthy or needed. Stop reading websites sponsored by kellogs.

Many people does not consume sugar and they are doing just fine. I have never heard of a person who is deficient in suger.
sugar comes from various sources, there are medical deficiency terms for any one of the things sugar is made up of.

hypoglycemia, is known as low blood sugar, more common in people with diabetes but not exclusive to diabetes, like non reactive hypoglycemia.

many people consume sugar and they are doing just fine too.

BBSA

Honorary Master
sugar comes from various sources, there are medical deficiency terms for any one of the things sugar is made up of.

hypoglycemia, is known as low blood sugar, more common in people with diabetes but not exclusive to diabetes, like non reactive hypoglycemia.

many people consume sugar and they are doing just fine too.
Come on, we are talking about sugar which Tongaat Hulett makes.

Hypoglycemia is not caused because people doesn't comsume sugar.

Possible causes, without diabetes
Hypoglycemia in people without diabetes is much less common. Causes may include the following:

Medications. Taking someone else's oral diabetes medication accidentally is a possible cause of hypoglycemia. Other medications may cause hypoglycemia, especially in children or in people with kidney failure. One example is quinine (Qualaquin), which is used to treat malaria.
Excessive alcohol consumption. Drinking heavily without eating can block your liver from releasing stored glucose into your bloodstream, causing hypoglycemia.
Some critical illnesses. Severe illnesses of the liver, such as severe hepatitis, can cause hypoglycemia. Disorders of the kidney, which can keep your body from properly excreting medications, can affect glucose levels due to a buildup of those medications. Long-term starvation, as may occur in the eating disorder anorexia nervosa, can result in the depletion of substances your body needs to generate glucose (gluconeogenesis), causing hypoglycemia.
Insulin overproduction. A rare tumor of the pancreas (insulinoma) may cause overproduction of insulin, resulting in hypoglycemia. Other tumors may result in excessive production of insulin-like substances. Enlargement of beta cells of the pancreas that produce insulin (nesidioblastosis) may result in excessive insulin release, causing hypoglycemia.
Hormone deficiencies. Certain disorders of the adrenal glands and the pituitary gland can result in a deficiency of key hormones that regulate glucose production. Children may experience hypoglycemia if they have a deficiency of growth hormone.

BBSA

Honorary Master
yeah, im just saying there is a place for sugar, however it is consumed. its just the quantity thats a problem most of the time.
You are mistaken, we do not need to comsume sugar in any form. Our liver is more than capable to produce all the glucose our body needs.

access

Executive Member
You are mistaken, we do not need to comsume sugar in any form. Our liver is more than capable to produce all the glucose our body needs.
not all the time. the liver does store and produce glucose, but most of it comes from consumption.

The liver supplies sugar or glucose by turning glycogen into glucose in a process called glycogenolysis. The liver also can manufacture necessary sugar or glucose by harvesting amino acids, waste products and fat byproducts. This process is called gluconeogenesis.
Gluconeogenesis is the process by which the body produces glucose from noncarbohydrate precursors during periods of starvation or intense exercise when the body's normal stores and sources of glucose are not sufficient to meet its needs.

BBSA

Honorary Master
not all the time. the liver does store and produce glucose, but most of it comes from consumption.
Yes, the liver does store glucose. The point is you don't have to comsume glucose the liver can produce all we need.