Shithole

I hate this place a little more each day

Spizz

Goat Botherer
A lovely cool 18°C outside

Fecking 28°C in the office

Shithole

It sounds like it’s affecting you mentally and physically. Does anyone else feel the same?

satanboy

Psychonaut seven
It sounds like it’s affecting you mentally and physically. Does anyone else feel the same?
When my boss sent me home two days ago...she asked me if there was loadshedding (aircon off) it was so hot in here. The problem is this....it's "central" aircon, yet people that sit 20 metres from me are freezing, I am melting and 10 metres from me it's sort of bearable. The aircon is 20 years old, we were promised new aircon 2 years ago with the revamp but they did nothing to it.

and yes, it affected me mentally initially, now it's physically too (I was located in the-sort-of-bearable area before)

Spizz

Goat Botherer
When my boss sent me home two days ago...she asked me if there was loadshedding (aircon off) it was so hot in here. The problem is this....it's "central" aircon, yet people that sit 20 metres from me are freezing, I am melting and 10 metres from me it's sort of bearable. The aircon is 20 years old, we were promised new aircon 2 years ago with the revamp but they did nothing to it.

and yes, it affected me mentally initially, now it's physically too (I was located in the-sort-of-bearable area before)
Schit man. I feel for you. I’ve been there in the past in a large open plan office, but it was nowhere near as bad as it sounds for you.

Thor

Honorary Master
A lovely cool 18°C outside

Fecking 28°C in the office

Shithole

Where do you work.

If our aircon is set anywhere higher than 20 I start sending people home to think about their decisions.

satanboy

Psychonaut seven
Where do you work.

If our aircon is set anywhere higher than 20 I start sending people home to think about their decisions.
At a circus (well it feels like it). Nobody but the maintenance crew has access to the aircon room, so I don't know what it is set at. But two of us used to take the temperature and it was ALWAYS above 25C

Thor

Honorary Master
At a circus (well it feels like it). Nobody but the maintenance crew has access to the aircon room, so I don't know what it is set at. But two of us used to take the temperature and it was ALWAYS above 25C
Walk to the maintenance crew tell them is the current temperature set in stone or are they willing to drop it down to 20 degrees and then immediately tell them look it's 28 degrees where I am sitting here is the picture I measured it.

Please let me know what has to happen for you to lower it. If you don't need authorization and can do it yourself then I'll buy guys lunch.

- 80% chance they'll say no, which is fine.
- negotiate nicely; the aim here is to try and understand the system who exactly is in charge of the temperature and what the barriers are for lowering it.

Once you have that, let me know and I'll formulate a plan for you to get it done.
(lot's of negotiation techniques I'll teach you.)

satanboy

Psychonaut seven
Walk to the maintenance crew tell them is the current temperature set in stone or are they willing to drop it down to 20 degrees and then immediately tell them look it's 28 degrees where I am sitting here is the picture I measured it.

Please let me know what has to happen for you to lower it. If you don't need authorization and can do it yourself then I'll buy guys lunch.

- 80% chance they'll say no, which is fine.
- negotiate nicely; the aim here is to try and understand the system who exactly is in charge of the temperature and what the barriers are for lowering it.

Once you have that, let me know and I'll formulate a plan for you to get it done.
(lot's of negotiation techniques I'll teach you.)
I tried being nice for 6 months. I would tell them it's too hot. They would come and reset. An hour later someone else would complain it's too cold. They would come and reset. Ad infinitum.
Eventually their manager sent my manager a rude email complaining that WE should make our minds up. From that day I refuse to contact the maintenance crew about the aircon.

LD50

Expert Member

You gonna have to make a stand

Thor

Honorary Master
I tried being nice for 6 months. I would tell them it's too hot. They would come and reset. An hour later someone else would complain it's too cold. They would come and reset. Ad infinitum.
Eventually their manager sent my manager a rude email complaining that WE should make our minds up. From that day I refuse to contact the maintenance crew about the aircon.
That temperatures around the office establish if it's uniformly the same temperature or if it has pockets.

If it's uniform then it means one or two employees are kak and their personality makes everyone suffer ie some small peanut with no fat who freezes at 25 degrees now dictates what cold is for a large person fck that.

If the temperature is uniform then go into the physiology of it and make your case to management about why it should be set to 20 degrees the 2 appels who don't like it can wear a sweater not your fault their are bone and skin.

Thor

Honorary Master
Tip: for future reference.

Only be nice once.