Threadkiller LXXVIV : Flogging A Dead Horse

BloodrayneZA

Expert Member
Ah I'm having the same problem - can't order anything online at this stage so I have to make do with what I can get from a walk in shop, just glad I went early this morning to the hospital for my routine blood test and then stopped at Sainsbury's. Just a quick few things in and out then home.

Datura

Captain Faptastic
Ah I'm having the same problem - can't order anything online at this stage so I have to make do with what I can get from a walk in shop, just glad I went early this morning to the hospital for my routine blood test and then stopped at Sainsbury's. Just a quick few things in and out then home.
You still a vampire?

Grant

Honorary Master
well after the checkers fail i went to woolies for bead and milk

IMG_20200316_152215.jpg

BloodrayneZA

Expert Member
every dark cloud has a silver lining.
shopping is now completed in a fraction of the time
True that, except I had old people with trolleys full of groceries in front of me. Lol

On the bright side, only the sugar there was low. Sainsbury's is actually good - the cheaper version of Marks & Spencer (compare it to Woolies in SA). Morrison's was completely out of toilet rolls lol

BloodrayneZA

Expert Member
Nice one, honestly I hate self check out tills because it takes away the jobs from those who need it the most. I used to work as a cashier so yeah I understand how supermarkets work as I've worked in one 3 times.

Dave

Honorary Master
Nice one, honestly I hate self check out tills because it takes away the jobs from those who need it the most. I used to work as a cashier so yeah I understand how supermarkets work as I've worked in one 3 times.
Might be worth it to use the app whilst the Corona madness is ongoing.

BloodrayneZA

Expert Member
Yeah, that's true, Dave.

In other news, my sister and her husband are urging my parents to leave SA earlier than scheduled because she wants our mom there and with her having twins, I think she's more scared that they won't be able to make it there for the babies' birth. I feel for her really, she's the youngest and has a lot more to lose than I. I'm not close to my parents or any of the family members so I'm ok with being a nobody that no one cares about. If I die tomorrow, no one is going to blink an eye or shed a tear over it. I've done nothing but screw my whole life up so it's obvious.

I am scheduled for a job interview with a recruitment agency so holding thumbs that I get the job and if I do, I get send away for 2 weeks on a training mission. They're looking for a mobile repair technician so this will be a great opportunity for me to get into the IT field again. I've already fixed an iphone of mine and I purchased a broken iPad 2, which I've already replaced the LCD and still need to replace the touch screen digitzer and a few bits an bobs. Only costed me 70 quid (new goes for up to 450 quid). It was a good learning curve - all tutorials from iFixit.

TribbleZA

Honorary Master
Ok I went to our local Spar last night. These things were completely out : Bread, rolls, fresh milk, cereals on special (kids at home for 4 weeks at least now), pasta on special.... everything else was still plentiful. No tinned foods were missing - and I didn't check the meat but I would assume that would have been low. Especially the bacon

I am imagining people with freezers full of milk and bread. They just lack the honey.