throttled?

guest2013-1

Hi there guys, getting around 64k speed, was wondering if anyone above their cap has the same issue? Might just be my connection, but I was wondering...

slimothy

Banned
same thing happened to me yesterday and started about 10 minutes ago, I think its temporary like it was yesterday because I do still have bandwith remaining

slimothy

Banned
seems to be over for me now, pity I was hoping someone at WBS woudl screw up and have to reset the bandwith counter again

nocilah

Banned
noone said:
Hi there guys, getting around 64k speed, was wondering if anyone above their cap has the same issue? Might just be my connection, but I was wondering...

was happening to me last night... then I disconnected reboot my modem and everything seemed fine.

slimothy

Banned
OK now it looks like I'm throttled or something again, disconnecting and rebooting modem doesn't do a thing, heres my question if i get 3GB at 1mbit then will all the data i download wile my connection is slow count toward the cap? the bandwith meter says I've used 2.96Gb and I did buy another 3Gb so I should have 1mbit speed for another 3.04GB... what the hell is going on

P0tenc

I'm also having massive problems with my connection since this morning. My cap has been used up since the 3rd, but was only throttled this morning. I only get speeds of 0 to 30kbps instead of 64kbps. When visiting iBurst.co.za I experience full speed @ 130kb/s or +/- 1024bkps. My current speed is unuseable and webpages take for ever to open.

I also reset my UTD with no effect.
I hope their playing with some different ways of throttling ppl and don't stick with this 1!!! :confused:

nocilah

Banned
I shouldnt be throttled as I have +/- 2GB left with my cap and I was experiencing those problems... The reboot helped me... but I did notice a sever lack of speed last night overall... hence my post: Another sentech?

So Yeah Shaun says everything is ok... perhaps not? Will need to see if more people experience this problem as more and more people are throttled.

AOpen

I am also getting below 64kbps speeds except from iburst.co.za :confused:

I have used about 7GB so I can understand being throttled, but one of my clients still has 2.99GB usage left and is experiencing exactly the same throttled speed except when accessing iburst.co.za.

Either WBS are throttling everybody whether they have reached the cap or not, or else there is something seriously wrong!

P0tenc

I hope this is'nt the 64kbps service we can expect from iBurst after the cap, because if it is I would definitly take my R600 somewhere else. Except for this problem I have been very happy with iBurst....I hope they don't screw it up with a barely useable connection after the cap. :eek:

nocilah

Banned
I just spoke to someone at WBS who said they have been experiencing network problems since this morning... but I find that weird considering their website says nothing in their incident reports or network status...

Me wanders... me getting paranoid... getting flash backs from Sentech.

wushutiger

same here, ****ty speeds. Typical, thanks so much IBURST, as you can see from this forum we love you very much!

Oh well, I think I am ordering DSL this week.

Gatecrasher

Executive Member
Just when I was thinking yesterday "Iburst has been really fast and stable lately...."

I must remember not to have such thoughts.

Code:
Telkom Speed Test: (And this has been replicated:)  

* Download time: 126.687 seconds
    * Size of file: 500 KiloBytes
    * Estimated line speed: 32.2 (kilobits/second)
    * Estimated line speed: 3.9 (kiloBytes/second)

Although my test pings to www.iburst.co.za are the fastest I've ever had. Pity they aren't actually of any use.

slimothy

Banned
wushutiger said:
same here, ****ty speeds. Typical, thanks so much IBURST, as you can see from this forum we love you very much!

Oh well, I think I am ordering DSL this week.
you're a very angry and pecimistic person

slimothy

Banned
all I can say is they better not subtract anythign I have downloaded today from my bandwith counter because everything on my bandwith counter was for 1mbit speeds.

nocilah

Banned
Yay... managed to get hold of Shaun...

In a nutshell the whole iBurst network is degraded. There seems to be nothing wrong on their side but more on the provider side (UUnet ?).

I hope it gets resolved soon... their are rumours of 'Loads of Lesbians Vol 4' that has just been released.

Yummy :)

Gatecrasher

Executive Member
I keep getting 31-32 kbps on the Telkom test. International pings are somewhat slower than normal but quite stable.

No doubt about it: It looks like I'm being throttled, but at half the promised rate. The WBS websites, however, are still at full speed.

Of course, it does not account for the fact that I have 2.85GB left of my cap.

But it's interesting nonetheless. :eek:

slimothy

Banned
ok so maybe we jumped the gun a little but we wouldn't have if somebody would have told us this.... besides vowthorn (btw be sure to invoice WBS for your customer relations work)

jjtoymachine

sh*t these speeds are terrible...when did they say will this be fixed? Rudolph Muller is my new Communication Networks Lecturer LOL

UnUnOctium

Expert Member
Horrible speeds, if iBurst keeps this up im returning my modem and getting DSL