Thunderbird 3.0 released!

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
http://www.mozillamessaging.com/en-US/thunderbird/

What’s New In Thunderbird 3?

* Tabs and Search
* Customize Your Email Experience
* Easier to Get Started

If you like Firefox’s tabbed browsing, you’re going to love tabbed email. Thunderbird 3’s tabbed email lets you load emails in separate tabs so you can quickly jump between them.

Search results open in a new tab too. New tools like our timeline and filtering tools will help you pinpoint the email you’re looking for, whether it’s the one from yesterday, last month, or several years ago.

Local link to follow....

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
I'm still on 2.xx and when I check for updates there are none. Maybe it'll just take a bit longer.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
I'm still on 2.xx and when I check for updates there are none. Maybe it'll just take a bit longer.

Just make a backup of your profile, and then install the new executable over the old version.

TimTDP

Expert Member
but no lightning / calandar built in or avialable as an extension.
What good is Thunderbird without a calandar facility?

I think Thunderbird has become like Microsoft. Offering incomplete software just to get to market.

Very very dissappointed:mad:

killadoob

Honorary Master
Ooooooooooooooooooo cannot wait, now i must backup 10gb's of email though.

The_Other

but no lightning / calandar built in or avialable as an extension.
What good is Thunderbird without a calandar facility?

I think Thunderbird has become like Microsoft. Offering incomplete software just to get to market.

Very very dissappointed:mad:

Because it not a PIM (Personal Information Manager) like Outlook. Evolution is the software you are looking for if you want to replace Outlook. This is just a mail client like Outlook Express/ Windows Mail. OE is rubbish!

I have been using Thunderbird now for 6 months, and it works good. Has good features that I like. This version just looks more rounded.

Ianf1

Expert Member
Thanks for the local link it downloaded fast. The search feature is much better.

killadoob

Honorary Master
I prefer the older look though but i do like this update, finally it does not ask me to make a selection out of 3 when i send emails :D and search is now epic :D.

killadoob

Honorary Master
No problems man, i installed and everything is working 100%.

I am not really liking the tab thing all that much but i guess it is just a matter of getting used to it.

Nod

Executive Member
I like the new search function. Really nice.