TikTok: Trump says he will ban Chinese video app in the US

s0lar

I think Donald must have bean a **** with his marbles as a kid.

If somebody had a cooler or more marbles than him. He would first try and do a dirty one sided trade. If that was not successful he would find a way to get them excluded from the game.

We all know that kid from our childhood.

access

Honorary Master
I think Donald must have bean a **** with his marbles as a kid.

If somebody had a cooler or more marbles than him. He would first try and do a dirty one sided trade. If that was not successful he would find a way to get them excluded from the game.

We all know that kid from our childhood.
nah he didnt play, he was the rich kid with big bags of fancy marbles, would trade for what he wanted from the guys holding onto their favourites :D

s0lar

nah he didnt play, he was the rich kid with big bags of fancy marbles, would trade for what he wanted from the guys holding onto their favourites :D
Then there is that poor kid who won’t trade his prized marble for **** no matter how many bags Donnie offers.

Start a primary school smear campaign “little Johnny smells like rotten cabbage”. Until no kids play with Johnny then attempt buy Johnny’s prized marble at a steal.

Ahh playground economics. Explains his rational, his just playing with bigger marbles now.

Emjay

Executive Member
@bwana, can you include a poll? Would be cool to see how many people use TikTok here.

abzo

Honorary Master
Why is everyone
Suddenly writing haikus
I will write one too

access

Honorary Master
i dont know how to
write a haiku please someone
show me what to do

dualmeister

Honorary Master
**** off Trump.

You already screwed up my plans to get a P40 Pro.

Go manage your Corona problem rather.

STS

Mafia Detective
Not if China is successful in their communist takeover.
China knowing where I shop, what colour my hair is and how close I can come to licking my own taint is irrelevant in terms of national security

rietrot

Honorary Master
China knowing where I shop, what colour my hair is and how close I can come to licking my own taint is irrelevant in terms of national security
Yes. But the US know what kind of data they, themselves collect, so it does seem to be a concern to them if China can do the same.

However as a South African this is rather irrelevant. I am for equal spying and I like my Naspers shars to go up.

Brenden_E

Executive Member
It seems shady. The US uses their power against TikTok, then an American company comes in and buys it up. I get it may not be intentional...or is it....
Yea it's shady. Still less shady than the Chinese. They invite big platforms into the country, see how they operate, copy the model, then ban them in China!

Check Uber -> Didi
E-bay -> Taobao

There's was a list of high profile copies like this - they have no shame! And because of the world's reliance on their industry, there are no consequences. Feed the beast...

abzo

Honorary Master
@bwana, can you include a poll? Would be cool to see how many people use TikTok here.
Would be interesting but would require a lot of options since I doubt many people here are TikTok creators but many probably do have the app to browse on (no account required) would that classify as being users?

The same way a lot of us many not have Twitter accounts or tweet, yet we view tweets.

abzo

Honorary Master
Donald Trump says the government should get a cut from the sale of TikTok's US unit if an American firm buys it.
The US president said he made a demand for a "substantial portion" of the purchase price in a phone call at the weekend with Microsoft's boss.
He also warned he will ban the app, which is owned by China's ByteDance, on 15 September if there is no deal.
Donald Trump: US Treasury should get cut of TikTok deal https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53633315

What a communist.