Tim Cook claims Android has 47 times more malware than iOS

JustAsk

Expert Member
Well makes sense if you think about it. The majority of computer viruses have been written for Windows because it's the dominant OS used worldwide
Not true. Win can be safe, its made unsecure by design.

Nothing to do with the most popular. The only reason is, Windows by default at install makes you the root user. Then by default it creates another disabled admin account...with NO password. Virusses can't run or do damage if you are not root. You can actually make it more secure by making it behave like linux...by not using an admin account.

Android dominates the smartphone OS market, so the same logic would apply.
No. Android is actually very secure. Every app runs in its own virtualized environment, and you are not root. Any malware detected is you giving privileges to it, or it was baked into the os.

Android's openness and ease of getting into the store makes it more popular to write malware for. But that does not make you less save. Only user stupidity makes you less save, whether you have 2 virusses or 100. Now privacy is another matter.

pinball wizard

Honorary Master
no such thing as a perfect phone.
The Telkom Venus begs to differ.
1f17fe6adbbe4016ad808fa720e6fb76.jpg

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
Not true. Win can be safe, its made unsecure by design.

Nothing to do with the most popular. The only reason is, Windows by default at install makes you the root user. Then by default it creates another disabled admin account...with NO password. Virusses can't run or do damage if you are not root. You can actually make it more secure by making it behave like linux...by not using an admin account.

No. Android is actually very secure. Every app runs in its own virtualized environment, and you are not root. Any malware detected is you giving privileges to it, or it was baked into the os.

Android's openness and ease of getting into the store makes it more popular to write malware for. But that does not make you less save. Only user stupidity makes you less save, whether you have 2 virusses or 100. Now privacy is another matter.
I sudo and raise you my old FNB RSA token...

r00igev@@r

Executive Member
You would have thought the thread title was... Tim Cook claims Android users are 47 times more triggered than Apple users...
Tim Cooks claims iphone uses are 47 times more likely to have a plush toy to hug to comfort themselves...

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Android gives you a phone and says "here enjoy it!"
Apple holds your hand, and says "No, don't touch that!!!"

greg0205

Honorary Master
Just shows how crap IOS is, not even the hackers want their stuff on it.
$72,3Bn app revenue on IOS last year plays $38,6Bn on android.

If I was going to rob a bank, I'd want to rob the one that had, you know, money in the vault.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
$72,3Bn app revenue on IOS last year plays $38,6Bn on android.

If I was going to rob a bank, I'd want to rob the one that had, you know, money in the vault.
Should add 40% since the play store is not in China.
App Annie: China drove 40% of mobile app spending and nearly half of all downloads in 2018

greg0205

Honorary Master
Should add 40% since the play store is not in China.

Several third-party Android app stores are available in China, and are estimated to generate over $8 billion in yearly revenue.

Closer to 20%