Tim Cook claims Android has 47 times more malware than iOS

Swa

Honorary Master
On 14.3 or lower... yes
So every device can be jailbroken. Every IOS version can be jailbroken. You can't expect every combination to have a solution as soon as it's released.

sand_man

Honorary Master
So every device can be jailbroken. Every IOS version can be jailbroken. You can't expect every combination to have a solution as soon as it's released.
Yes. No. Why not? Apple endorse it?

Dave

Honorary Master
There hasn't been a fully untethered jailbreak for years...

Not according to Swa, I’m still waiting for him to post the links.

He says I can fully jailbreak an iPhone 12 on iOS 14.6 in 10 minutes as Apple secretly encourages the back door to be used for jail breaking.

Swa

Honorary Master
Yes. No. Why not? Apple endorse it?
Point is there is the option. You don't think Apple could lockdown a device that even the FBI couldn't hack into to the point that you can't jailbreak it if they wanted to?

Dave

Honorary Master
Point is there is the option. You don't think Apple could lockdown a device that even the FBI couldn't hack into to the point that you can't jailbreak it if they wanted to?

So post the link to this option…

sand_man

Honorary Master
Lol., not even a court order could compel Apple to compromise the privacy and security of 1 criminals iPhone. You think Apple are purposely leaving vulnerabilities unpatched so joe soap hacker can develop tools to compromise millions of users?

You dreaming mate.

Not only do they regularly patch vulnerabilities but they also offer a $200k+ bounty for 0day vulnerabilities.

If Apple had their way jailbreaking your iPhone would be a criminal offence.

sand_man

Honorary Master
Don’t say that, I’m still waiting for @Swa to post instructions for me to do a full jailbreak on my iPhone 12.
Why don't you just downgrade to 14.3? Cause, you know? Apple make it so easy to do, they sign off on older versions of iOS all the time and indefinitely... ?

Dave

Honorary Master
Why don't you just downgrade to 14.3? Cause, you know? Apple make it so easy to do, they sign off on older versions of iOS all the time and indefinitely... ?

But surely if it’s Apple that is behind all the jailbreaks it should be possible to jailbreak any model on any firmware?

@Swa said so and he is the forum expert, isn’t he?

itareanlnotani

Expert Member
The main reason for that was the abysmally slow downloads in China for XCode.

So, people would download it from a local copy instead of from the garbage speed oversea's apple servers.
This has changed, and speeds are relatively fast now. (local cdn's!).

This mostly affected Chinese app users, vs "foreigners" as Chinese developers tend to develop for Chinese users. As has been noted this was a few years back, and that method is mostly deprecated now as speeds are more than adequate to pull from Apple's servers directly now for xcode.