Tim Wyatt-Gunning now with Web Africa

WAJeff

Web Africa Representative
Welcome on board Tim, fantastic to have you with the WA family :)

snobee

Unfortunately we used to use Storm many years ago before they got bought, and I hated them with a passion before we finally dropped them. I guess I shouldn't blame that on an ex-CEO of Storm, but I only have negative memories. So WA, I hope this is a good move, I really don't want to move from you guys as you provide a great service!

Praemon

Expert Member
I guess Webafrica needs all the help they can get, especially with their appalling hosting service.

snobee

I guess Webafrica needs all the help they can get, especially with their appalling hosting service.

Problem? I thought they had one of the best reputations for hosting? Actually I was thinking of moving my hosting to them from another company I have been with for a few years, especially with the recent WA changes for unlimited traffic.

WAJeff

There are no reported issues on our Hosting end.
Is your site still down?

If so, I'd highly recommend that you contact our Hosting guys either via email or give them a call. Previously dealing with your concerns that you've raised, issues with the server have been sorted out.

waroop

Afristay.com CEO Rupert Bryant
Company Rep
A big welcome to Tim - its really great having him on board with us! Already we're learning a lot and having loads of fun working together!

To our customers; be prepared for many more improvements and exciting developments from us :)

@Denouncer; sorry to hear about your negative experience with our Hosting, I'll do my utmost to see what went awry here exactly.

Tharaxis

Glad to hear that WA has finally gotten someone with the requisite experience in to hopefully drive that part of the business, they've been needing it for ages. That said, I hope he'll have the opportunity and freedom to put some of himself into it.

Praemon

Expert Member
There are no reported issues on our Hosting end.
Is your site still down?

If so, I'd highly recommend that you contact our Hosting guys either via email or give them a call. Previously dealing with your concerns that you've raised, issues with the server have been sorted out.

My hosting with you was down again today for over 2 hours, adding to the 60 or so hours of downtime from July. I logged a support ticket immediately after seeing the site was down and tried to phone (although after 5 minutes of waiting, I gave up), but it was only when I used Twitter to contact Webafrica did anyone even realise my support ticket was unattended and that the server was down yet again. So yeah, I'm a little disgruntled.

Last edited:

bokka1

Expert Member
I am very happy with Webafrica but I don't use them to host.

How about some great specials to welcome the new guy?

Saajid

Expert Member
Dear Tim. Please knock some sense in to the management at WebAfrica, and get them to reduce the ridiculous cost of Disk Space that resellers are forced to pay - R300 per GB, or R30,000 per TB - insane considering that a 1TB hard drive costs in the region of R1000.

Other than that, WA seem to be doing a decent job. Fingers crossed.

Skerminkel

Expert Member
"...and have experienced their awesome service first hand.”

The word "awesome" should be banned. Especially for use by professional marketers. Definitely a no-no for anyone older than 19.

Welly

I don't know how WA can be the best & fastest, when they deal with Telkom. Speeds are crap and hopefully Tim will deal with Telkom and we can get better speeds.

snobee

I don't know how WA can be the best & fastest, when they deal with Telkom. Speeds are crap and hopefully Tim will deal with Telkom and we can get better speeds.

Please explain? Do you mean that WA are using Telkom therefore their (WA) speeds are crap?

Last edited:

WAJeff

All ISP's need to go through Telkom for fixed line offerings at this stage, doesn't mean that speeds will be slow unless of course there are issues on the physical line. On a network side, we have our own network (IPC infrastructure) which doesn't go through Telkom.

Increasing speeds from 10Mbps and up is something that's completely up to Telkom. Unfortunately no one can see this implemented apart from them.
Hope this clears things up a bit?

Kemp1976

Webafrica

3 Months Ago, I heard that CELLC was going off the market with LTE, I was promised that I would get a package and remain with them, however as I pushed for answers the Lies become more and more, I have been such a good client that all I want to do is meet everyone half way, but they never answer your calls they close the whatsapp chats saying it has been resolved when no one has phoned back. 3 days ago, An agent agreed that a manager would phone me back and I'm still waiting. I am unemployed but yet my account was always up to date and I said I cant afford the courier fee back to JHB from Vanderbijlpark yet still no answers.

Any other ideas on how I can solve this matter.....

Wasabee!

Executive Member
Webafrica

3 Months Ago, I heard that CELLC was going off the market with LTE, I was promised that I would get a package and remain with them, however as I pushed for answers the Lies become more and more, I have been such a good client that all I want to do is meet everyone half way, but they never answer your calls they close the whatsapp chats saying it has been resolved when no one has phoned back. 3 days ago, An agent agreed that a manager would phone me back and I'm still waiting. I am unemployed but yet my account was always up to date and I said I cant afford the courier fee back to JHB from Vanderbijlpark yet still no answers.

Any other ideas on how I can solve this matter.....
Sorry to hear about your unemployment though it's not proper forum etiquette to open an eight year old thread. I'd suggest posting in the relevant ISPs thread in the LTE section or creating a new thread. Welcome to the forum by the way!