Time Share Telemarketers

wikus

Just got another call from the absolutely irritating time share telemarketers... I just love making the call as long as possible and playing along, asking them to spell out the address of their "business" and telling them at the end of the call that I am under age :D

Would like to know what company is selling my telephone number without my permission or which company hides it in their T&C that they may sell your number to these fly-by-nights

Last edited:

UtterNutter

Expert Member
I keep getting the "CONGRATULATIONS! PLEASE CALL X IMMEDIATELY... etc" SMS... it really gets my goat.

I loath these people and their businesses.

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
It floors me how these guys must keep getting business despite their extremely unpleasant tactics. Then I remember I live in a nation where a large percentage of the population (of all shapes, colours and sizes) are clueless idiots! :D

kiepie

Executive Member
Just got another call from the absolutely irritating time share telemarketers... I just love making the call as long as possible and playing along, asking them to spell out the address of their "business" and telling them at the end of the call that I am under age :D

Would like to know what company is selling my telephone number without my permission or which company hides it in their T&C that they may sell your number to these fly-by-nights
I've been to the one you've been contacted by. There is like numbers from 1-8, three balls per number, making it 24. Then you need to choose 6 numbers and it needs to be that order! What's the odds? :rolleyes: I got 4 out of 6!

Now they owe me a holiday! :D

RazedInBlack

RazedInBlack
It floors me how these guys must keep getting business despite their extremely unpleasant tactics. Then I remember I live in a nation where a large percentage of the population (of all shapes, colours and sizes) are clueless idiots! :D
:D

Normally I just tell them to fsck off!

. . . they still keep calling . . .

Dolby

Honorary Master
There's a new tactic I came across in DBN :

I went to uShaka with my brother a friend and we were stopped by a well dress guy in beach attire. He told us to scratch a scratchcard - which one of us won. He said he won free tickets into uShaka - but we must accompany to the building across the road for a presentation :/

After 20 minutes they told us we were too young anyway

Natas

Expert Member
I spoke with a marketing company that handles call centres and what not. I was told that the success rate for cold calls like this is about 2%!! Not imagine that! Out of a 100 people about 2 will buy in! and that makes it worth their while!

Mondinos

Dolby, I was caught with that one in 2004. The company canvasses the beaches in Durban area.

Unfortunately joined and still cannot cancel my membership after three years.:sick:

Last edited: