Time to help ME for a change (RBM Moto Defy)

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Hi guys. So I now need your help this time please. I am considering porting my number to RBM with the Motorola Defy deal. It is just too scrumptious looking.

My question is this thoug.

1. What do you guys think of the phone (practicle experience required please)
2. Service received from RBM (Cell C). Any problems with billing, network and data access?????

I have to admit...I am sh*t scared of porting my number to them. It seems that when things go wrong with them then they go wrong big time and you struggle your ASS off to have it sorted.

What you guys think??? Honesty is of utmost importance here. If you guys lie to me and I get this phone and it is crap I swear I will hunt you down and shove the Moto Defy together with my fcked up RBM up your bum! :p:D

Rands

Expert Member
Its Friday afternoon....everyone's gone home!
Those still around are looking at more.....'interesting' sites :)

btw, im also looking to port to Cell C in a few months from MTN, to take advantage of their 2 gig/month sims, so im also going to watch this. But im waiting for another phone, not the RBM

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
How dare you desert your own network????

yip,

LRB,

why you climbing inna bed wif da enem[-]a[/-]y????

I think people are a lil tooo :wtf: to answer your questions

Ai mense...wish I did not have to....but my salary just aint keeping up anymore and I am struggling. This seems to be the best move for me. If my company paid my phone bill then fine...but I have to pay for my own cell account, own RA (no retirement option offered) and own medical aid. I am just not coping anymore and I have to admit, even though I hate to....this RBM deal is more bang for my buck.

Rands

Expert Member
Ai mense...wish I did not have to....but my salary just aint keeping up anymore and I am struggling. This seems to be the best move for me. If my company paid my phone bill then fine...but I have to pay for my own cell account, own RA (no retirement option offered) and own medical aid. I am just not coping anymore and I have to admit, even though I hate to....this RBM deal is more bang for my buck.
:wtf: u work for like the largest cell company in SA, they should be giving u guys free phones, contracts whatever. Tell em to stop buying so much red paint & start looking after thier staff

Venomous

Honorary Master
:wtf: u work for like the largest cell company in SA, they should be giving u guys free phones, contracts whatever. Tell em to stop buying so much red paint & start looking after thier staff
It's a lil more complex than that. Where he works that is what he works with but they don't directly pay his salary....

Venomous

Honorary Master
Okay,

now i understand better.

Just remember unless you get a 'berry there won't be anymore bbm :rolleyes: unless you keep your berry onna prepaid or sumfink

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Okay,

now i understand better.

Just remember unless you get a 'berry there won't be anymore bbm :rolleyes: unless you keep your berry onna prepaid or sumfink

Nah...will use whatsapp. Most of my BBM contacts have whatsapp installed also. So that aint a big train smash. :)

Park@82

Honorary Master
also looking to get this deal, just wonder what kind of nightmare it would be to port from Autopage. I might consider porting my current vodacom nr to prepaid until everybody has my new nr.

Venomous

Honorary Master
also looking to get this deal, just wonder what kind of nightmare it would be to port from Autopage. I might consider porting my current vodacom nr to prepaid until everybody has my new nr.

Go read up..... there have been many complaint threads regarding AP & porting/cancelling

K

kingrob

I'm sure you can get a lot of cool phones with a TopUp 275?

Use R149 for the 2GB data bundle and the rest for airtime. I see a Desire HD in your future. :)

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
I'm sure you can get a lot of cool phones with a TopUp 275?

Use R149 for the 2GB data bundle and the rest for airtime. I see a Desire HD in your future. :)

Hey meneer. Was wondering if you gonna have anything to say about me switching over to da droid! :)

I need a contract that gives me minutes. I cant stand prepaid. :)

And regarding the phone....I really like the look of the Moto Defy. There is just something about it that I find very hot! :)

K

kingrob

And regarding the phone....I really like the look of the Moto Defy. There is just something about it that I find very hot! :)

Very interesting design by Moto. They called it the Defy cos it looks a bit like an oven. :p