Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 August 2023 to 31 July 2024

Premier Ts and Cs still indicate R 3000 for Shoprite/ Checkers spend. Is this still an error??

Shoprite Checkers

• Earn up to 15% back in eBucks when you shop at Checkers Shoprite and pay with your qualifying FNB Virtual Card linked to a FNB Fusion Premier Card, FNB Premier Credit Card and/or FNB Premier Debit card.
  • You will earn eBucks on purchases made using the Checkers App (Sixty60).
  • The amount on which you earn eBucks is limited to 20% of your total monthly qualifying physical or virtual FNB Fusion Premier Card, FNB Premier Credit Card and/or FNB Premier Debit card spend, or a total rand spend (on Shoprite Checkers in-store shopping only) of R3000 per month, whichever occurs first.
  • Your qualifying physical or virtual FNB Fusion Premier Card/FNB Premier Credit Card and/or FNB Premier Debit card spend is considered first towards the spend limit, thereafter your physical card spend will be considered.
  • You won't earn eBucks on purchases made at MediRite Pharmacies, Money Markets, Computicket, Computicket-Travel and Cash@Till® withdrawals.
  • Where you earn eBucks on qualifying Shoprite Checkers purchases, you will then not earn additional rewards for the in-store and online partner spend categories on those qualifying Shoprite Checkers purchases.
  • Customers over 60 do not have to use their Virtual Card to earn.

Premier Ts and Cs still indicate R 3000 for Shoprite/ Checkers spend. Is this still an error??

Shoprite Checkers

• Earn up to 15% back in eBucks when you shop at Checkers Shoprite and pay with your qualifying FNB Virtual Card linked to a FNB Fusion Premier Card, FNB Premier Credit Card and/or FNB Premier Debit card.
  • You will earn eBucks on purchases made using the Checkers App (Sixty60).
  • The amount on which you earn eBucks is limited to 20% of your total monthly qualifying physical or virtual FNB Fusion Premier Card, FNB Premier Credit Card and/or FNB Premier Debit card spend, or a total rand spend (on Shoprite Checkers in-store shopping only) of R3000 per month, whichever occurs first.
  • Your qualifying physical or virtual FNB Fusion Premier Card/FNB Premier Credit Card and/or FNB Premier Debit card spend is considered first towards the spend limit, thereafter your physical card spend will be considered.
  • You won't earn eBucks on purchases made at MediRite Pharmacies, Money Markets, Computicket, Computicket-Travel and Cash@Till® withdrawals.
  • Where you earn eBucks on qualifying Shoprite Checkers purchases, you will then not earn additional rewards for the in-store and online partner spend categories on those qualifying Shoprite Checkers purchases.
  • Customers over 60 do not have to use their Virtual Card to earn.

Jip ... I quired it ... still not fixed months later ...

SmartSpend updated, but App. shows weird allocation, R10K reward on R9k spend??

Has anyone tested what is the lowest bill payment that can be made to count as a bill payment.

I've been my rates in 2 batches but never took advantage of the Checkers Till so thinking of doing like 2x R100 bill payments and the rest at the till to get some ebucks

Has anyone tested what is the lowest bill payment that can be made to count as a bill payment.

I've been my rates in 2 batches but never took advantage of the Checkers Till so thinking of doing like 2x R100 bill payments and the rest at the till to get some ebucks
R10 works for me. I've heard of people doing R2.

R10 works for me. I've heard of people doing R2.
I do anything between R1.10 and R9 (but usually between R5 and R9). At the beginning I was checking diligently to see if I got the points, but lately I just assume I do as I have quite a large points buffer.

I also keep the amounts low because there were reports of payments not being allocated on the receiving end, so I don't trust these FNB bill payments very much.

I find for my CoCT rates bill and PathCare account they don't make it easy to check if the payments are reflecting. The former doesn't give a breakdown of individual payments received and the latter doesn't seem to reflect amounts if one is in credit, but it comes into play if one then owes them money later on (I speak under correction), or if it does reflect it's near impossible to determine which amounts tie back to which payments.

Anyone having issues spending eBuckies at the moment? I am trying to buy something from the iStore, it goes to the eBucks portal, I approve on the app and then it just stays there without any change. It times out after a while and then the order just gets cancelled on iStore. Tried a few times now.

Anyone having issues spending eBuckies at the moment? I am trying to buy something from the iStore, it goes to the eBucks portal, I approve on the app and then it just stays there without any change. It times out after a while and then the order just gets cancelled on iStore. Tried a few times now.
It’s been buggy for a long time, I’ve read some other people saying the same things. Call them on live chat and ask what to do.

FYI, inContact emails will end soon:

For enhanced security, email notifications will soon be decommissioned, and inContact notifications will be sent exclusively via the app.
It is frustrating since I have used this to try and keep track of smart spend and spending caps.

R1 x 2 works perfectly

How do you do this, must you create a secondary user?
Yes. Exactly that.

Open online banking
Hit the menu button on the top left
Select Online Banking Settings
Option for Secondary Users is there

Yes. Exactly that.

Open online banking
Hit the menu button on the top left
Select Online Banking Settings
Option for Secondary Users is there
I tried adding a secondary user with my own details, but I got an error saying that the user already exists on the profile.

Not sure what I'm missing?

I tried adding a secondary user with my own details, but I got an error saying that the user already exists on the profile.

Not sure what I'm missing?
Try a different ID number or a different name? I remember I had some issue with it, but can't remember what I did to solve.

Searched my emails and this is what my banker told me in July 2022:

Please note the below from online banking as we had the same query last week

I have just received feedback on this matter and Online banking has advised that the system has been updated and no longer permits the main user to create a ready only secondary profile for themselves.

The system will identify your I.D number and you will receive an error message.

You may only create a secondary user access profile for a another person.

We apologise for the inconvenience.

Last edited:
Try a different ID number or a different name? I remember I had some issue with it, but can't remember what I did to solve.

Searched my emails and this is what my banker told me in July 2022:

Please note the below from online banking as we had the same query last week

I have just received feedback on this matter and Online banking has advised that the system has been updated and no longer permits the main user to create a ready only secondary profile for themselves.

The system will identify your I.D number and you will receive an error message.

You may only create a secondary user access profile for a another person.

We apologise for the inconvenience.
Use your passport number for the secondary profile

Back