Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 August 2023 to 31 July 2024

I see a lot of the eBucks Virtual Credit Card use requirements are exempt for 60's and over. Does this mean they automatically qualify for the MyCards VCC usage (online+in-store spend) reward level points?

Does anyone know how to create this “linked FNBy savings account” (that grows by R400+ per month). I’ve got the FNBy transact account and 3 separate FNB consultants have tried to create a linked FNBy savings account for me …yet I still don’t get the 1000 points for it. I suspect what they keep creating is just a regular savings account that’s not linked.

Does anyone know how to create this “linked FNBy savings account” (that grows by R400+ per month). I’ve got the FNBy transact account and 3 separate FNB consultants have tried to create a linked FNBy savings account for me …yet I still don’t get the 1000 points for it. I suspect what they keep creating is just a regular savings account that’s not linked.
I'm struggling with that too. Got the FNBy account, added the kid to family profile, not getting any points.

We even had the eBucks people confirm that it is in order a month or so back. Will have to get in touch with them again at some stage. Fortunately it doesn't affect my rewards level.

This worked for me, from the app chat:

You need to add your child on your family banking profile as well on your banking app in order to earn points. Please follow the steps below:
From the Menu, Select My Profile.
Select My Family.
Select whether you would like to add a : Spouse/Partner OR Child younger than 18 OR Child 18 or older.
Enter their ID number.
Enter their First Name, Middle Name and Surname.
Enter their Cellphone number.
Select the checkbox: "I am authorised to add this individual.
Select Continue.
Select Confirm.
Family Member successfully added?.

Edit: Nvm, I see you have this done. Also only getting 500pts for the transact acc and not the savings acc. Hmm..

Last edited:
"Manage your property or use one of the available services under the nav» Home tab on the FNB App once a quarter."
What exactly do you need to do to qualify for these points? I normally go into the nav>>Home section and view a few listed properties etc. but it seems to be a hit & miss wrt getting points.

"Manage your property or use one of the available services under the nav» Home tab on the FNB App once a quarter."
What exactly do you need to do to qualify for these points? I normally go into the nav>>Home section and view a few listed properties etc. but it seems to be a hit & miss wrt getting points.

Just click on the "manage" button. Simple as that. I am doing it monthly (just to be safe)

My son turns 18 at the end of December, any idea what will happen to his FNBy account and how do I keep getting points for him?

My son turns 18 at the end of December, any idea what will happen to his FNBy account and how do I keep getting points for him?
The card get removed from your profile.
No more points..happened to me in Aug..luckily I replaced it with a card for my 12 year old lol

I know I'm derailing the thread here, but I know I'll find the answers here...

I have issues with online CC payments. When a payment gateway (like Payfast) directs me to approval on the app, I get the notification on my phone. When I click on the notification, my phone takes me to the FNB app, but then the screen to approve or decline doesn't show.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy.

Anybody experiencing something similar?

I have issues with online CC payments. When a payment gateway (like Payfast) directs me to approval on the app, I get the notification on my phone. When I click on the notification, my phone takes me to the FNB app, but then the screen to approve or decline doesn't show.

I have seen it alot! And the work around is super easy. Before you make the payment, make sure you are logged off via the phone app.

Do the transaction. Wait for the auth message. When you open your fnb app, and it doesnt show. Login..... and then it appears

Its super frustrating!

And its not phone related. I am an ios user.

Force closing the app and logging in again also works. Super annoying.

Solution? More like a hackjob. I love that after all that you have to confirm the purchase is not a scam as well.

Open FNB as a floating app. Move it to the side and hit the final confirmation/purchase/pay button. The fnb confirmation will come through without leaving the browser.

Choose Approve and then close the floating app.

Even without the above, the approval message arrive without fail. You can be signed in before purchase. Just don't select the notification, open the app manually.

Back