Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2017 to 30 June 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
I must say, the new rules aint bad.

As expected more on investment, and way more on family and insurance !

The only rule that I am dropping from the new rules: the fixed flexi for 3 months is now 6 months. (And still on L5) after that

Sinbad

Honorary Master
No more prepaid elec, and fnb connect dropped considerably.

:/

McGuywer

Executive Member
I opened an FNB account last month, linked my eBucks account and it is still showing that I do not qualify for eBucks.
Should I contact them?

AchmatK

Executive Member
It seems like Slow Lounge access is not listed any more on PC.

Speedster

Honorary Master
I opened an FNB account last month, linked my eBucks account and it is still showing that I do not qualify for eBucks.
Should I contact them?

Wait until the monthly ebucks processing is done. Should be around the 8th.

elL0L

Expert Member
So, the big question is this year: how do you change your Gold Cheque to Gold Islamic Cheque?

Will it cost me anything and do I need a new card?

TofuMofu

Honorary Master
Damn, PC changed a heck of a lot...

Going to be very difficult without spending more.

Cpt.SpAce.Cowboy

If I worked out the points correctly I won't have to do the overdraft anymore to get to lvl 5! So its a "few" bucks saved haha.

The Prepaid electricity sucks though...

And look at this rule: "Have an Overdraft Facility on your FNB Premier Cheque Account or a Credit Facility on your FNB Fusion Premier Account of at least R10 000" you get a 1000 points for just having the OD... you get 2000 points extra if you use R1000 of it then according to this rule: "Have an Overdraft Facility on your FNB Premier Cheque Account or a Credit Facility on your FNB Fusion Premier Account of at least R10 000
AND
Use at least R1 000 of your Overdraft or Credit Facility per month
AND
Make sure that you have a balance greater than R0 in your FNB Premier Cheque Account or FNB Fusion Premier Account at some point during the month"

*Edit.

This is on Premier. Haven't look at the others yet.

mhessa8

So, the big question is this year: how do you change your Gold Cheque to Gold Islamic Cheque?

Will it cost me anything and do I need a new card?

I did it a few years ago, you phone fnb islamic banking to do the conversion, its usually immediate although the name on your account doesn't change. you don't need a new card. but when you do get a new card it will say Islamic banking.

The CC is seperate from islamic cheque so theres no change in that either.
what they will do is ask for authorisation, or ask you to transfer your savings pocket funds into your cheque account as they need to cancel your existing savings pocket and open a new one (new savings pocket acc number). this is because your savings pocket will now generate profits and not interest.

there are no costs involved, although profits are lower than interest, and there is no overdraft facility.

In a nutshell, it can be done with a simple call to Islamic banking (if you phone normal banking they will redirect you). and it is free of charge.

Tinuva

The Magician
Damn, PC changed a heck of a lot...

Going to be very difficult without spending more.

A lot of the PC changes looks like the Fusion card may make it easier.

3000 points on overdraft for just being on Fusion:
Have an Overdraft Facility on your FNB Private Clients Cheque Account or a Credit Facility on your FNB Fusion Private Clients Account of at least R20 000 1 000
Have an Overdraft Facility on your FNB Private Clients Cheque Account or a Credit Facility on your FNB Fusion Private Clients Account of at least R20 000
AND
Use at least R1 000 of your Overdraft or Credit Facility per month
AND
Make sure that you have a balance greater than R0 in your FNB Private Clients Cheque Account or FNB Fusion Private Clients Account at some point during the month 2 000
Then another 1000 for having Fusion card:
Have an FNB Fusion Private Clients Account 1 000

So TL;DR, 4000 points for just using a Fusion card on PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.