Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2017 to 30 June 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Question : Is the normal share saver account seen as an investment account ?

Speedster

Honorary Master
What are the most significant changes?

FNB Private Clients
WHAT'S NEW
You'll be able to qualify to earn eBucks by having sufficient deposits over three months into your FNB Private Clients Cheque Account.
Great new ways for you to collect reward level points, including:
Having a Funeral Policy or an Accidental Death Cover Policy with FNB
Spending from as little as R200 per month on your FNB Connect SIM card
Having an FNB Fusion Private Clients Account.
WHAT’S DIFFERENT
You'll be able to collect reward level points by spending just R3 500 on your FNB Private Clients Credit Card per month.
You'll need to collect 9 000 points to reach reward level 2.
To reach reward levels 4 and 5, you'll need to have:
An FNB Private Clients Credit Card and an FNB Private Clients Cheque Account
OR
An FNB Private Clients Credit Card and an FNB Private Clients Single Facility
OR
An FNB Fusion Private Clients Account.
You'll be able to earn up to 15% back in eBucks on your qualifying monthly FNB Connect spend.
You'll no longer earn eBucks on prepaid electricity bought via FNB's electronic banking channels.

Speedster

Honorary Master
A lot of the PC changes looks like the Fusion card may make it easier.

3000 points on overdraft for just being on Fusion:

Then another 1000 for having Fusion card:

So TL;DR, 4000 points for just using a Fusion card on PC.

You get exactly those same points on the credit / cheque account combo (assuming you have auto-payment set up). I haven't seen any "extra" points to be gained from switching to fusion.

Mythical-

On another note, there have been no changes to the discounted vouchers. I'm hoping they'll come through over the course of the day?

Some deals in the Orange dot section of the shop though: https://www.ebucks.com/web/shop/categorySelected.do?catId=294436082. Might get the kid a toy or two, even though there's no additional 40% off. Strange mentality that it makes me itch to even consider purchasing an item without an "eBucks" discount.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
For those who want to benefit from the prepaid ELEC ... buy bulk before end June !

Sinbad

Honorary Master
For those who want to benefit from the prepaid ELEC ... buy bulk before end June !

Except, the IBTs on prepaid make that less attractive.
Capture.PNG

50% more expensive above 3000kwh than your first 500 kwh...

Tinuva

The Magician
You get exactly those same points on the credit / cheque account combo (assuming you have auto-payment set up). I haven't seen any "extra" points to be gained from switching to fusion.

Hmm perhaps.

I just worked out, with the changes, the only change I need to make to stay on, is get an overdraft facility of R20 000, only for the 1000 points, which is what I would miss if I make no changes, since my overdraft is less than that, mostly because I don't use it.

Considering everything else, I should be golden.

travcaine

Not happy with the increase in spend required for the Gold Credit Card, from R1000 to R2500!!

Verde

Expert Member
This is good:

Private Clients
Bundled pricing for FNB Private Clients accounts remains at R365 per month for the second year running. However, customers now get online share trading access (normally R65 per month) bundled in for free.

TheWall

Does Wallet Doc or WeChat support Electricity...I think WeChat does.

Tinuva

The Magician
This is good:

Private Clients
Bundled pricing for FNB Private Clients accounts remains at R365 per month for the second year running. However, customers now get online share trading access (normally R65 per month) bundled in for free.

Ah yes saw that, thats a nice bonus actually.

TofuMofu

Honorary Master
A lot of the PC changes looks like the Fusion card may make it easier.

3000 points on overdraft for just being on Fusion:

Then another 1000 for having Fusion card:

So TL;DR, 4000 points for just using a Fusion card on PC.

Yeah, I was hoping to not do the Fusion card so that I can manage my CC debt easier (busy paying it off), but seems like I'll have to make another plan >.<

Speedster

Honorary Master
Yeah, I was hoping to not do the Fusion card so that I can manage my CC debt easier (busy paying it off), but seems like I'll have to make another plan >.<

As mentioned above, there's no eBucks benefit to fusion over credit / cheque card combo. At least, not that I can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.