Tips to Boost your eBucks - 1 July 2017 to 30 June 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhessa8

"WHAT'S DIFFERENT
There'll be seven reward level groups that will allow you to move up the reward levels. For each requirement you meet from a different group, you'll move up a reward level."

7 levels? what does that mean for Gold? do we have to have 7 products now?

Speedster

Honorary Master
"WHAT'S DIFFERENT
There'll be seven reward level groups that will allow you to move up the reward levels. For each requirement you meet from a different group, you'll move up a reward level."

5 of 7

Sinbad

Honorary Master
"WHAT'S DIFFERENT

Someone saw the 5/7 jokes and decided to make it so :D

Eti1

Expert Member
"WHAT'S DIFFERENT

Its 8 at the moment. They dropped the investment level.

Dylan_G

Expert Member
So, the big question is this year: how do you change your Gold Cheque to Gold Islamic Cheque?

Will it cost me anything and do I need a new card?

I am also wondering about this.

I did mine last month. Went from Easy account to Gold Islamic.

I went onto FNB online. Clicked on "Apply". Chose Islamic Gold Cheque account. Put in some contract info, and was told to await a call.

They called me that afternoon. I asked to be "Upgraded" to Islamic Gold. That was done, no questions asked. She then congratulated me and told me that I qualified for a Gold Credit card (which I thanked her for and accepted ;) ). It was a 12 minute call, and super efficient.

My account numbers stayed the same (for both the Cheque account and the savings pocket). My salary went through last month, no issues.

They did send me a new Gold Islamic Cheque card, but my Easy account card still works as well, so I have two cards linked to the same account.

Last edited:

Ancalagon

Honorary Master
I see that the new changes do not mention the Slow Lounges, but then if you have a look at the 2016 ones, they don't mention the slow lounge either.

So, can't say for certain whether that has changed.

vorman

Expert Member
Thanks Speedster, heartbeat slowing down, blood pressure dropping. lol. basically keep doing what I am doing and maintain 4 products at Islamic Gold. Neat.
Major change, credit card spend needs to be increased to R2500

Dylan_G

Expert Member
Major change, credit card spend needs to be increased to R2500

Does anyone know if paying for an electricity bill at Checkers till with the Credit card will count toward this goal AND earn the 15% Ebucks back? R2500 might not be so difficult for me to hit if this is the case.

zerocool2009

Executive Member
Does anyone know if paying for an electricity bill at Checkers till with the Credit card will count toward this goal AND earn the 15% Ebucks back? R2500 might not be so difficult for me to hit if this is the case.

Yes it will as it count as "checkers shopping" meaning CC spending. 15% back on the capped rules.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming

Yes put you have to pay it at the till and not money market counter!

K3NS31

Expert Member

SO just to clarify for Gold - on the old rules, having a cheque account with the required minimum monthly deposit gave you level 1, then you just needed 4 more.
How does this work with the new rules - is having a cheque account part of this rule?
My Cheque Account
Make sure that the total value of your card purchases and Cash@Till® withdrawals is greater than the value of all your cash withdrawals at ATMs and FNB branches during the month
Card purchases made using either your FNB Gold Credit Card or FNB Gold Cheque Card will be counted towards this requirement.
OR
Have at least three debit orders going off from your FNB Gold Cheque Account during the month

Or does the above rule give you level 2 after "having a cheque account with a minimum monthly deposit" gave you level 1?

Cos the latter is how it was last year, meaning you only need 4 of the other 7 (or 8) requirements to get to level 5.

adam88

SO just to clarify for Gold - on the old rules, having a cheque account with the required minimum monthly deposit gave you level 1, then you just needed 4 more.
How does this work with the new rules - is having a cheque account part of this rule?

Or does the above rule give you level 2 after "having a cheque account with a minimum monthly deposit" gave you level 1?

Cos the latter is how it was last year, meaning you only need 4 of the other 7 (or 8) requirements to get to level 5.

This is my question also. If you do get one level for the deposit then the new rules aren't bad. If you don't then bye bye level 5.

**Edit

It has to give you a level because when you transfer money into your account and don't use it you get level 1 and not 0.

Last edited:

K3NS31

Expert Member
This is my question also. If you do get one level for the deposit then the new rules aren't bad. If you don't then bye bye level 5.

Same with me - the other requirements are way out of my reach. Will be stuck on level 4 which really sucks.
Edit: I guess I can do the overdraft for one day thing. What a hassle though and if you forget one month - lose lotsa ebucks.

Also, no more 40% discount for connect is gonna hurt them. They aren't that much cheaper than everyone else.

Last edited:

peeryus

For Premier:
Grow the balance across your FNB Savings and Investment Accounts by at least R1 000 per month (interest included)
Does tax-free cash deposit accounts qualify? I know there's a note at the end of the section but not sure if it's only for point 3?

Eti1

Expert Member

**Edit

It has to give you a level because when you transfer money into your account and don't use it you get level 1 and not 0.
On the old rules that is how it worked.

But I read it differently now. Seems the deposit is a qualifying requirement (no levels) while the behaviour is a level requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.